Who's Who

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So far I have heard of Bujinkan and Genbukan are there any more major schools of Ninpo out there? Who are the major players in these arts. I have heard of Massaki Hatsumi, Stephen K. Hayes, and Robert Bussey, but where do these guys figure into the hierarchy of each organization.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
So far I have heard of Bujinkan and Genbukan are there any more major schools of Ninpo out there? Who are the major players in these arts. I have heard of Massaki Hatsumi, Stephen K. Hayes, and Robert Bussey, but where do these guys figure into the hierarchy of each organization.
don't feel bad if no one comments on this one. i think everyone has returned to there fighting corners for awhile. there is also the jenikan too. those are all off shoots of buji. i think those three men you mention are great and should all be held with the hightest degree of respect.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Stephen K. Hayes is the founder of To-Shin Do. He lives in Dayton, Ohio and teaches out of his dojo Quest Center with his wife Rumiko. He was student of Dr. Matsaaki Hatsumi (Bujinkan).

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Stephen K. Hayes is the founder of To-Shin Do. He lives in Dayton, Ohio and teaches out of his dojo Quest Center with his wife Rumiko. He was student of Dr. Matsaaki Hatsumi (Bujinkan).

Holy S#$T...someone has finally admitted it! SKH "WAS" a student of Dr. Matsaaki Hatsumi! :)

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Again I get negative feedback from the Ninjutsu people. I was told that this thread is Flamebait. It seems every time I get negative feedback it comes from this part of MT, and it is never signed. It must have to do with the training, LOL.

I created this thread to learn who is who in the world of Ninjutsu these days.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
Again I get negative feedback from the Ninjutsu people. I was told that this thread is Flamebait. It seems every time I get negative feedback it comes from this part of MT, and it is never signed. It must have to do with the training, LOL.

I created this thread to learn who is who in the world of Ninjutsu these days.
Rob,

My sentiments exactly. Why can't people answer what seems to be a simple question without having to give their smart (not in the honorable sense) remarks?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Rob,

My sentiments exactly. Why can't people answer what seems to be a simple question without having to give their smart (not in the honorable sense) remarks?

Yeah, stupid Ninjustu guys. Damn them all.

Rob, I gave you a positive feedback to counter the negative one of those evil stupid ninjas gave you.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:EG: :mad: :waah: This is a great thread I would also like 2 know more about who is who. Rob I am glad to have you here as you have brought up some great posts

PPKO

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, what do you guys really wanna know?

Hatsumi heads up the Bujinkan,

Hayes is the "founder" of Toshindo, formerly of the Bujinkan

Bussey is the "founder" of his... uh... Warrior International I think its called... formerly of the Bujinkan

Rick Tew runs Tew-ryu, which, correct me if I am wrong, is an offshoot of Bussey's school,

Tanemura heads up the Genbukan, formerly a student of Hatsumi's teacher Takamatsu...

Manaka (I think) is the head of the Jinenkan...

I don't know if thats what you were looking for...

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tanemura heads up the Genbukan, formerly a student of Hatsumi's teacher Takamatsu...

This has been disproven. He trained directly with Takamatsu sensei for a day of bikenjutsu training. He did however, train with a number of Takamatsu sensei's other very highly trained students.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jay Bell said:
This has been disproven. He trained directly with Takamatsu sensei for a day of bikenjutsu training. He did however, train with a number of Takamatsu sensei's other very highly trained students.

My bad.

G

Genin Andrew

Ummm...the bit about Rick Tew being an "offshoot" of Bussy? I'm pretty sure thats incorrect,but i may be wrong and if i am i will stand corrected.Rick Tew created a "stream of techniques" which he believes to be of some resemblence to the Koga Ninja.I'm quite sure that he wasnt under Bussy.Enson would be the best person to talk to about that. If you want more info on the Koga Ryu i would suggest Don Roleys essay...I cant find the link again but do a search and you will find it.Its quite good.

Sorry if i sound really critical techno! dont mean to be:asian:

Much respect
-andrew

T

tmanifold

Rick Tew runs Tew-ryu, which, correct me if I am wrong, is an offshoot of Bussey's school,

Tew was a student of Frank Dux and when he realized Dux was crazy he ran for the hills. He is a talented martial artist but what he does is not ninjutsu in the X-kan sense. Btw X-Kan is a term to refer to the the schools descended from Takamatsu, also used is Takamatsu den.

Our own Dale Seago is a Tenth Dan (right Dale?)
There is Jack Hoban who is very highly ranked (14?)
RVD has been mentioned on this forum.

Some Names which are NOT traditional NINJUTSU are:
Ron Duncan
Ashida Kim
Frank Dux
Yo Sato

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tmanifold said:
Tew was a student of Frank Dux and when he realized Dux was crazy he ran for the hills. He is a talented martial artist but what he does is not ninjutsu in the X-kan sense. Btw X-Kan is a term to refer to the the schools descended from Takamatsu, also used is Takamatsu den.

Our own Dale Seago is a Tenth Dan (right Dale?)
There is Jack Hoban who is very highly ranked (14?)
RVD has been mentioned on this forum.

Some Names which are NOT traditional NINJUTSU are:
Ron Duncan
Ashida Kim
Frank Dux
Yo Sato

Thats right Tew Ryu is an offshoot of Dux Ryu, I stand corrected.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Speaking of Dale, where have ya been? I think Dale is a Junidan....
and I think Hoban is a 15th dan? not sure though........

some names can be found at the Shidoshi kai website......

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Genin Andrew said:
Ummm...the bit about Rick Tew being an "offshoot" of Bussy? I'm pretty sure thats incorrect,but i may be wrong and if i am i will stand corrected.Rick Tew created a "stream of techniques" which he believes to be of some resemblence to the Koga Ninja.I'm quite sure that he wasnt under Bussy.Enson would be the best person to talk to about that. If you want more info on the Koga Ryu i would suggest Don Roleys essay...I cant find the link again but do a search and you will find it.Its quite good.

Sorry if i sound really critical techno! dont mean to be:asian:

Much respect
-andrew
man this thread came alive in just a day.

tew sensei was formerly a student (in his teens) of the beloved :)rolleyes: ) frank dux. (then went on to get i believe was 5th dan in hapkido) after that he went to study under robert bussey and became a senior/cheif instructor. from there he went off and did his own thing. as far as creating a "stream of techniques"... most of his techniques and the moves he does now are very similar to what bussey does. superior art/skill than the duxman? probably. i have seen dux ryu in action and not very many similarities. (although i won't bash dux ryu because they have some very skilled black belts ((too much contraversy for my taste though)) if you watch bussey and tew almost identicle movements. traditional? defenitly not! effective? i believe so. offshoot of bussey? yeah i guess. (aren't we all offshoots in some way?)