Who you have meet &

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was sitting back thinking to myself how many people are on this forum and who has had the oppunity to meet other folks from here over the years and how was the encounter.

So please let us know who you have meet and the circumstances behind your meet and how it went for you.

Terry

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I have had lunch with Flying Crane a couple times. I mean we are both working practically in the same place so its easy that way. It has been a real pleasure to have someone that knows the city to tell ya and show ya some pretty cool little places. I think the last time we had lunch we did some gyros and he showed me some of the little cool parts of Chinatown. I think it went just fine and we both enjoyed getting the hell out of our normal routine ;)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Anyone live on the Big Island of Hawaii? ....Kona side? ..near to Waikoloa area? ...live in the Village? ..close to the school? ..near the only traffic light? on Da Kine st? ...brown house? ...can I call you?

Nope not yet? ....Aloha

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Henderson is the only guy I can think of offhand that I know on here. He suggested I give this site a try and I've been here ever since. Hoping to go to the next MT meet & greet though. :)

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only Deuce and Rynocerous. Mind you, I referred them, so it's not really an 'I met them from MT' situation.

They no longer post much because they're lame.

There are many that I'd like to meet though. Except Seig. I'm afraid he'll attack my nads.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Except Seig. I'm afraid he'll attack my nads.
I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. something like:

Hi Seig, I'm Don. THWACK! Hi, Don!

No one yet, but I keep threatening to.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't met anyone from MT yet (I've met several dozen people from other fora), but that should change by August 19th. :D

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have met a bunch of people and some I new before I joined.
I have had Rich Parsons up several times to do seminars and he
is absolutely great. Dan Anderson recently just came up and did
a seminar for us in January and he is another great guy. Paul
Janulis came up with Rich for one seminar and definately Paul is
one of a kind! (in a good way) Brian Smith who recently signed
up here is also another instructor we just had over in February to
teach his system of Maharlika Kuntaw. Several of the Kuntaw guys post here, notably : Bill Bednarick and Matt Lamphere. Both of those
guys are a blast to be around. I hope to have many more MT
members up in the not to distant future to teach there martial art.
Take care.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lots of people.
I will put together the list in the near future. ;)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've met 3 people here- kenpotess, seig, and hong_kong_fooey (h_k_f I've known for years, though).
I went to one of kenpotess' and seig's classes (considering the fact I don't have to travel a great distance to do that one- it's in the same county). Had a great time meeting them and watching and participating. They were nice, but I don't think you'd want to get them mad ;). H_K_F- I know from work, and we've known each other for several years.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lots of the staff on the east coast.

Members in the Midwest and Central East coast.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I have had the pleasure of meeting MSUTKD and ACEHBK and TXBB and a few others.
I will meet alot of you at the meet and greet this summer and can't wait for the goin shot from Sieg:rofl: , ok seriously I would love to meet Gemini and FearLess Freap and TKDgirl and alot from tthe TKD section, but the one I'm really looking forward is MR Parson and tshadowchaser, alond with you know BOB. Well I can't name everybody so I'll stop for now, But wait I almost forgot The Queen of Pain KenpoTess sorry please forgive really you where at the top of the list I just can't see without my reading glasses yea that's it blame it on glasses.:erg:
Terry

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last year at the Meet & Greet, I met (how appropriate) tshadowchaser, Bob, OULobo, the very famous Rich Parsons, and a couple of others that I can't remember the user names for.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nobody at this point. I do believe one of my instructors is a member but isn't active. He is living in Japan now. But it would be cool to meet some of the people.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Anyone live on the Big Island of Hawaii? ....Kona side? ..near to Waikoloa area? ...live in the Village? ..close to the school? ..near the only traffic light? on Da Kine st? ...brown house? ...can I call you?

Nope not yet? ....Aloha

I live in Oahu and I will be makeing it out for Huks next Seminar since the price of airline tickets droped I will probably contact you later this year.

V/R

Rick

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would love to go to the meet & greet, but right now it doesn't look too promising.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Lets see:

Seig, Tess, and several others of their school who don't post often anymore (Chronoss, Fuzzy, StickDummy, etc).

Met Rich Parsons and KenpoGirl there as well.

Come to think of it, I also met TechnoPunk there as well, but on a different visit.

Visited Ricardo (RCastillo) in his home town (is he still a member?).

Met Sigung LaBounty and Dennis Conatser (goldendragon7) at seminars in Seattle.

Crash dummied for Hollywood1340 up in Missoula.

I think thats about it.

Lamont

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because of this site, I met Mr. Conatser and (former member) IFAJKD. I expect to meet FearlessFreep soon, if he stops in NM long enough!

There are many I knew before the site or whom I would have met anyway through the WMAA events in Buffalo. (Some of those people may only have come to Buffalo because of MT, but I would have been there anyway.) I couldn't list them all because some people I don't know by their usernames, and others I can never remember if they're MT members or not. The list includes such luminaries as Tim Hartman, Bob Hubbard, Rich Parsons, Tulisan, Boyd Ritchie, (former member) Bryson Ingram, Cebu West, (former member) Chad Dulin, Dan Anderson, ace, Arnis Princess, Steve Scott, Feisty Mouse, Julie Kedzie, grimfang, (former member) Jerome Barber, Tapps,...oh, so many others!

I've chatted on the phone with Seig and e-corresponded with many others from the site whom I have never met in person.