Who is next in line for bujinken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was just wondering the other day. Who takes over the reins of Bujinken once Masaaki Hatsumi dies? For arts of these nature, is there normally a clear line of succession? How many people are "fully" trained and capable of taking up the reins once he is gone? Is this a problem in other arts? I'm reminded of the recent passing of the Prof. in Modern Arnis, and what seems to be a bit of confusion after that.

thanks!

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
I was just wondering the other day. Who takes over the reins of Bujinken once Masaaki Hatsumi dies? For arts of these nature, is there normally a clear line of succession? How many people are "fully" trained and capable of taking up the reins once he is gone? Is this a problem in other arts? I'm reminded of the recent passing of the Prof. in Modern Arnis, and what seems to be a bit of confusion after that.

thanks!

1. I'm not sure what the "bujinken".

2. What effect will Soke's wishes have on your Aikido training?

So, why does it matter?

Why don't you ask your parents what you're gonna get when they kick off?

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stephen, there is no need to be rude.

I am asking because I am curious. Is that a crime? With regards to Aikido training, no it would have no effect. I have been looking to train in a differant school here, and one of the two schools I am considering is in bujinken. From what I have read, certain styles of ninjutsu have "died off" due to the death of the soke who did not pass on all of his knowledge/insight to a successor. Was curious if this has been considered in this circumstance.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Stephen, there is no need to be rude.

I am asking because I am curious. Is that a crime? With regards to Aikido training, no it would have no effect. I have been looking to train in a differant school here, and one of the two schools I am considering is in bujinken. From what I have read, certain styles of ninjutsu have "died off" due to the death of the soke who did not pass on all of his knowledge/insight to a successor. Was curious if this has been considered in this circumstance.
Hey there man. I made the mistake of asking this same question a long time ago. I'm not saying it's a mistake to ask questions, but some people in other cultures find this type of question very offensive and also do not speak of death. I understand your curiosity and I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. Good luck in your quest for knowlege.

Jason :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MODERATOR NOTE:

This question has been asked on the forum in the past:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15077

It is generally considered rude and in poor taste, and the topic is not one discussed openly by Bujinkan members.

Because this has been asked and answered, this thread is being locked.

Technopunk
MT Senior Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions