Who all is doing the homestudy blackbelt program?

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on it? Have you done it and became a teacher under Hayes? Buy it and hate it? Think it's ok but nothing you'd want to depend on in a life/death situation?

Thanks

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have purchased the system with the intent on trying out the testing program, but with a lack of willing people to hit I am at a stand still fo that portion of it.

I would far rather have some flesh and blood instructors whooping up on me. I had planned on going to the Tampa Quest center once a month or so (a 5-6 hour drive) while I was here in Alabama but after repeated attempts to reach them by phone and email, I have received no response. I assume that they are not supporters of the program and have no interest in helping another martial artist.

As for the material in the video set, I like the "Mountains of Strength" set. It was mostly identical to the principles that I teach relative to self defense...simple and easy to learn. I haven't finished viewing the "Waves of Power" set and haven't even started any of the other videos yet.

As my family moves around, I may try the video testing program in the future if I can find a partner but can't find a Quest center nearby. Perhaps this next trip to Iraq...

OP
bigfootsquatch

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well I'm in the northeast louisiana area if you need someone to pound on and learn. =D

If I can find a training partner I may try his videos out. I have part of the Mountains of Strength from another source than his site, and it seems to break everything down pretty well and is similiar enough to what I already know for, at the very least, a nice add on to learn.

ToShinDoKa

Green Belt
Reaction score
I AM!

And so are 10 others, who've now started our own Ninpo Club with the sole purpose of practicing To-Shin Do Ninja Go-Shin Taijutsu! GO P.N.C.!

Johan D'hondt

White Belt
Reaction score
hi,
do you have a website? (toshindoka?)
it would be nice to so some of the material (video) you are working on.

johan d'hondt
long distance student
belgium

ToShinDoKa

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well friend, we don't have many, just some small practicing. Like me when I was first experimenting with Sen Undo...pathetic...but we were having fun, and the seminar up at Chapel Hill helped polish our sloppiness! Now, I'll be testing for Red soon!

http://s-tr1.tripod.com/

Latest Discussions