which martial arts should invest my time in?

AlecBeach

White Belt
Reaction score
hi! my name is derek and i decided to do martial arts but i need help figuring out which one i should do. please tell me which you do and suggest one i should do, thanks!
Make sure to find a good teacher and community.

Superperson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I would suggest like others above have stated, look into what kind of schools are in your area and then narrow down the choices based on distance and style. Lets say you have 4 Taekwondo schools and 2 MMA and a few Karate near you. You would now look into which of those styles you prefer and go by the school to see if its a good fit. If not try the next one and move on until you find a school that fits your time budget and preference. In the end their is no best style, its really up to what you want to get out of training and what your trying to learn. Just my two cents.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
All advice given is sound

my addition would be to ask yourself what you want to get out of the arts.

Cost should never come into studying an art but in reality it does so just be aware that if you choose an art that requires more equipment than the basic dogi (or what ever other arts call the training gear) factor that in. Arts that use weapons can become very expensive as good quality does not come cheap