where to get an IAITO

dobermann

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i am considering getting me an iaito from the net. if i buy in a shop here, i'll pay as much for the sword alone than from a webshop together with hakama, iaido-gi, sword maintenance kit and carry bag together..

i was looking at www.tozando.com or www.japanesesword.net which are actually the same manufacturer. or has anyone else got some advice for me where to look for?

thanks already!

K

kenpojujitsu

I got mine from e-bogu.com
They were very helpful and I was satisfied enough to buy other supplies from them later on.
The Iaito that they reccomended to me as a beginner was reasonably priced and very good quality.

K

kenpojujitsu

This may be a good iaito, I don't know.
I will advise to stear clear of doing business with Bugei.
Perhaps look for a more reputable dealer if you want this Iaito.

Walter Wong

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry you've had a bad experience doing business with Bugei. I've bought many things from them and personally recieved great customer service and great products.

OP
D

dobermann

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thanks everyone!

you know, its not that i am afraid of spending a sum of dosh. but, i would like to get a decent iaito to begin with. and not one that cuts as well! :D

but when i spend something like almost a grand, i want the same to be wrapped all the way around the tsuka, a tight and nice tsukaito and so on. also i wouldnt mind some tsubas and menuki to have for a choice. but thats not really necessary as long as the model supplied meets my and my senseis sense of quality.

if i buy here its gonna cost me probably double as much as direct from a manufacturer. thats the thing.. virtually i get a hakama and the iaidogi, obi and sword maintenance kit for the same price as the sword alone here. but i suppose that next week i'll go to www.japanshop.ch and have a look around there. maybe they'll give me a nice disount and i'll be fine..