where should the impact of my kick be?

D

doz

Hi guys and girls, I'm new here. I just started training, but I don't know where the impact of my kick should be. Should the impact be at 1 or 2?

2683782308_123a8c723b.jpg

2682965683_3048643669.jpg

thx in advance.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
anywhere between your ankle (not your foot) and #2 is fine, it just depends on range & your target. when i'm kicking the thigh i like to get a little higher up on my shin so it cuts into the muscle more. when kicking the head, it's usually the ankle. hope this helps.

jf

tank_62

White Belt
Reaction score
just like jarrod said any where btween the ankle and you knee, not the foot cus it hurts, ive done a couple of times, and it hurts haha

bobquinn

Green Belt
Reaction score
OUCH! Both areas are impact points. The weapon that makes impact would be the question. Are you hitting with the top of the foot? Is it off a round house kick and you are making contact with your blocking arm(should be a striking block)?

Bob Quinn

OP
D

doz

it feels stronger when i hit the bag w/ pic 1 near my ankle more, but i will also hit the bag a lil higher sometimes. and i know not to use the foot :). thx.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
See the top of your shin is harder then the bottom due to the larger amount of muscle that supports it, you usually use this part to block rather then kick, i would say it all depends on range, the further away then the closer to the ankle would be used, where as the closer you are to someone then you would be able to use the top harder part of your shin.

its all in the range.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
anywhere that is in range, so you can eflix as much pain as possible.

Latest Discussions