What's your pro?

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
After reading mrhnau's post on being the "best", I wanted to ask you guys:

What's your greatest natural advantage in your art? Are you quick? Powerful? Agile? How is this expressed in your training?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loki said:
What's your greatest natural advantage in your art? Are you quick? Powerful? Agile? How is this expressed in your training?
I was always strong, with a high pain tolerance, so I could get in and grab and hang on. But I'm also slow...which is unfortunate in the FMAs!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think I have any single physical attribute that gives me an advantage. If I have any advantage at all it my ability to allow myself to stop thinking about what I'm doing and just let the technique happen.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd say it's my technique (kicking, hand techs, and forms). But it wasn't "natural" though. I had to work hard to get here. My problem is I think too much about how to do, say a throw or a joint lock, at first. I should just let it happen.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For an older guy, I'm fairly quick and I have a good sense of timing. These two things have given me some small advantage in my trining to this point.

egg

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've always been good at thinking ahead. Couple that with my stubborn streak, and I'm consistant when it comes to actually implimenting what I've been planning. The physical stuff, can't call that a natural advantage. That's been a load of work.

C

CrankyDragon

Since Im old and kinda fat, physical is pretty much out of the picture. My strong point is just being attentive. Learning how to do the technique properly for maximum effectivness will have to be where I focus the most.

Andrew

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have natural flexibility and I learn fast. I have used these things to be able to get fast and adapt to the situation at hand.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
searcher said:
I have natural flexibility and I learn fast. I have used these things to be able to get fast and adapt to the situation at hand.

I learn fast too .... so I thought. I got into Jujitsu and I'm definitely a white belt again (fumbling over my two left feet again LOL). I do have good technique, but in Jujitsu, I have to learn to use it at the right time. Right now, I'm a fumble-o-matic LOL.

TKD is a different story. I do learn quick there (even in TSD in the past).

Latest Discussions