What next after 15th Dan?

smacktap

White Belt
Reaction score
You are now a "True" Shihan .. your breakfast cereal refuses to come out of the box...

But seriously, what next? no other art has 15th dans .. there is nothing left to achieve in this mortal world

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you've spent that much time chasing rank maybe you'd better spend more time training and less time politicking. And get the ego-reduction surgery which you so desperately need...

(Not you, smacktap, whoever goes in for that sort of silliness)

OP
S

smacktap

White Belt
Reaction score
I wonder at what point your grade become embarrassing. Black belt is cool .. 15th Dan silly. I wonder if Hatsumi intentionally made the grading system a mockery of the the rest of the Martial Arts world ? or did he have a cunning plan to prove that Ninjas like Chuck Norris can have any grade they chose?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny, the 15th dan that sometimes posts here isn't known of his ego, for sillyness, or for simply being a rank collector. His resume is so long though, being a 15th dan almost looks like a footnote. :idunno:

OP
S

smacktap

White Belt
Reaction score
Indeed .. once you get to 15th Dan you are beyond rank collecting :) Maybe they should come up with E-rank.com you could trade a 15th Dan for three Okinawa Godans :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Indeed .. once you get to 15th Dan you are beyond rank collecting :) Maybe they should come up with E-rank.com you could trade a 15th Dan for three Okinawa Godans :)

I'll call and raise ya three Korean samdans...how many cards do you want? :lol2:

OP
S

smacktap

White Belt
Reaction score
I would sell my soul for a black belt in Origami

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You are now a "True" Shihan .. your breakfast cereal refuses to come out of the box...

But seriously, what next? no other art has 15th dans .. there is nothing left to achieve in this mortal world

...ugh....Training?

OP
S

smacktap

White Belt
Reaction score
why train when you have reached the peak .. the grail

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:trollsign:

AoG

To AoG you listen. Note the status of the OPer. This is unlikely to be worth anyone's while discussing, debating or whatever. It's not the concern of those outside the Bujinkan, so far as I can see; and those inside it are very unlikely to want to pursue it in in this particular venue. Best to just let it die quietly... IMO, it pretty clearly wasn't a sincere OP, and I think AoG has sized it up exactly right.

On to more constructive topics? :wink1:

yamadoshi

White Belt
Reaction score
this is coming from an expierenced ninja 15 dan is low rank it does not mean you are a grand master only if you have fought every style in the world and have created a style that can not be defeted and the study of ninjutsu or ninpo meaning same martial art is foever long going even after 15 dan i am the onwer of silverdragon ninjutsu and have many styles as i have invinted threw out years against other styles and have success
against them even my own styles i have excaped from over 1000000. technices and wepons good luck and better your self

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
this is coming from an expierenced ninja 15 dan is low rank it does not mean you are a grand master only if you have fought every style in the world and have created a style that can not be defeted and the study of ninjutsu or ninpo meaning same martial art is foever long going even after 15 dan i am the onwer of silverdragon ninjutsu and have many styles as i have invinted threw out years against other styles and have success
against them even my own styles i have excaped from over 1000000. technices and wepons good luck and better your self

Wow...I am way dumber for having read that.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob - it must be awesome to have power like that....I think that I would sit in my room and laugh evily on a regular basis! :)

Latest Discussions