What MA thing (s) are you saving up for?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was just looking at a thread lamenting the cost of our past time/hobby/obsession & it got me thinking about what I'm looking forward to & what I'm saving my money for in MA. What about you? It could be something small like sparring gear, a new weapon, etc. Maybe your next belt test. Maybe a trip to train abroad.

I've got money squirreled away for:
1) My next trip to train with my instructor.
2) My next belt test.
3) The Kukkiwon instructor's course in Korea (thanks to Miles description of it).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know, this is a very surprising thought to me, but nothing.

I go to China anyway to visit in-laws and I am looking for someone to train with when I am there but that is all part of any trips I take and as for gear I have all I need…. :uhoh:

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME :eek:. I think I was switch with a pod person in my sleep :anic:

However I am looking for a tree to beat :EG:

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
some things that i are on my list of things to get.

shuriken- mostly new boshuriken but also senban
weighted chain. kusari fundo
assortment of different tabi.
a scabard for my ninjato- as well as maybe a new sword alltogether.
octagonal sai- i have round ones, but i want a pair of octagonal-bit longer-
whiteoak or willow bokken
handclaws, shuko and foot claws(although i am looking at more modern tools such as spiked shoes for the feet)
jutte and tessen
a lighter bow- my 45# bow is too powerful for long training. im thinking 36#,maybe the kassai wolf 1
the (for)arm covers of traditional japanese clothing.-to keep the body warm and covered.

im sure theres many more i cant think of, but at the moment these seem like the most desired. of course, theres no way to get or buy a flexible legs, flexible shoulders or feet- only way is to stretch and train

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One of our trips abroad; a trip to Tennessee for our yearly organizational seminar.
Would love to visit Korea, the Kukkiwon, and the Korean Tae Kwon Do Park.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After I get my current debt paid off I'm going to start saving for sparring gear. Basically foot/shin guards and headgear. All I have now are gloves and a mouthpiece.

Depending on where I am working out they don't allow kicks if you don't have the footcovers/booties. Which I find funny because I sparred against a guy with the booties and the bootie didn't gover the blade of his foot that slipped in and caught me in the abdomen! LOL!

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A bokken
A Jo
A special) bag to put them in so that I won't be arrested for carrying them
An obi
(and more iaido/jodo related stuff, but the things mentioned above have the highest priority)
A pair of sai (I still don't have my own)

And I think that's about it ;).

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
An iai gi.
A nice big piece of ipe to make weapons out of.
My Silat teacher's workshop this August
Chuck and Mushtaq's Spring Gathering

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My trip to Denver in May for a 3 day seminar...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My trip to Denver in May for a 3 day seminar...

You going to be there as well
icon10.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You going to be there as well
icon10.gif

OFF TOPIC POST: For the Last 4 years...It's kind of expected as Father Greek and myself assist Master Materkowski in making sure that the visiting GM's have a ride with to and from the resturants with someone reliable..END OFF TOPIC POST

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does College count? No... OK, OK, I'm saving up for... more books!!!! I can never have enough books! Eventually I'll end with a very Shadow Gallerian house!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Basically any time I have any money it is immediately spent on MA stuff. But right now my tops things are:
1. Trip to see my Grandmaster this fall
2. A Dojang warm up jacket (helping with the design of this as well)
3. I am always ready to buy a new uniform (with at least 30 of them I have no where near enough!!) Right now I have my eye on the new adidas champ (just because it is new and I don't have it) and another mooto uniform.
4. a pair of nunchakus with a shorter than normal chain so my small hand can handle them a little easier.