What it this translation

OP
donald1

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
sorry, forgot it can only be seen there from my email (took a while to see how to put the picture directly on here)

OP
donald1

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
29640-albums280-picture18717.html

I still can't figure out how to put pictures here but I got the url though

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I still can't figure out how to put pictures here but I got the url though

There is a button in the reply screen

Look at the ABC with e check mark on it to the right of the reply toolbar
Going left you see a button for test wrap, looks like a bubble you see over a cartoon character who is talking in a comic book
one more to the left you see what looks like a small section of film (that is for posting videos)
one more to the left you see what looks like a picture. Click that and copy the link to your image in that popup.

As for a direct image posting I am not sure that is possible in MT and if it is I would guess it is for supporting members only

OP
donald1

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the help whatever the case is i don't know but I do know i recently posted it on gallery

Thanks for being patient, any help is good

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oooof...too blurry for me to make the character out, but my Japanese is far from perfect. Sorry I can't help :(

OP
donald1

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
found it! it took a while but i figured it out. (actually it turns out its not Japanese)
its Chinese it means tiger

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
found it! it took a while but i figured it out. (actually it turns out its not Japanese)
its Chinese it means tiger

Japanese kanji are taken from Chinese script… in many cases, there isn't any difference between the two (written) languages, when it comes to individual characters… so it could have been Chinese or Japanese. "Tiger" in Chinese is 虎, in Japanese it's 虎… same character. In Japanese, it's pronounced "tora" or "ko" (depending on on'yomi or kun'yomi reading).

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tora/Ha in Japanese
Fu/Hu in Chinese

kakejiku

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This is an interesting Japanese proverb for our nothing ventured nothing gained...(See your tiger Kanji twice in there?)

虎
孔(Ni)入(zunba)虎児(wo)得(zu)"Koketsu ni irazunba koji wo ezu." Always been a fan of Japanese proverbs simply because their literal meaning differs from their English counterpart:

If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub

Or as we like to say, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Latest Discussions