what is your least favourite area of kenpo

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mine is the assumed superiority that some kenpoists seem to think has to go with rank.

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Trust me, mine is not assumed, I am superior.

DarK LorD

Man... I'm having a vision of Clyde performing the Church Lady's superior dance. Of course he's wearing his pink gi and some rolled up nylons. HA HA HA!

churchlady02.jpg

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I believe the idea of Kenpo in the first place has been misrepresented for years on the American scene.

Kenpo or Kempo= Fist Law/Law of the Fist/Fist Rule/Rule of the Fist...

The certificate was in the hand of the person who gave it to the receiver...

That certificate was to show that the receiver was a person worthy of Honor and respect through years and years of schooling and practice/pain.

This all occured prior to the issue of belts and other recognition.

So we use other ways of showing senority and superiority. It is not the Rule by the Fist that so many have taken it to be...

Regards, Gary

OP
kenpoworks

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ho,ho, ho Clyde and Billy you two would make a comedy double act, but which one would play the straight guy.
Nicely put Gary.
Richy

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
Ho,ho, ho Clyde and Billy you two would make a comedy double act, but which one would play the straight guy.
Nicely put Gary.
Richy

That's funny... I don't recall insulting you. Is there a reason you feel comfortable insulting me?

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
Mine is the assumed superiority that some kenpoists seem to think has to go with rank.

Nevermind Mr. Matthews, in thinking about your statement further I think you were just trying to be funny. In retrospect I doubt your post had anything to do with feeling superior to either myself or Clyde. You obviously wouldn't become the very same kind of person you dislike the most in Kenpo. :asian:

OP
kenpoworks

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Billy and Clyde I wrote the post in haste and reviewing it I can see what may have seemed to be inferred.

I apologise for any insult that you may have felt from my post, it was not my intention at all and I was only rather clumsily "trying to be funny".

Billy I will take your last observation on board and in future I will not be so hasty in my replies.

Richy

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
Nicely put Gary.
Richy
And this means what exactly concerning your original post?

DarK LorD

OP
kenpoworks

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
DarK LorD

I merely thought that your post followed by Billy’s post had comedy value, nothing more.

Also that I agreed with Gary.

Concerning my original post, it had nothing to do with it, it was specifically aimed at yours and Billy’s posts.

Concerning your post well I thought that was the expected DarK LorD response.

Cut me some slack here, please , I need to get to work.

Richy

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys.. Slapstick comedy.. One guy is the 'straight face', while one is the 'clown', I do believe that is all Kenpoworks was saying. I see nothing untoward in his comment, unless one is uneducated in the way of Comedy from a time past.

~Tess

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
I honestly love all areas of Kenpo - forms, sets, techniques, and sparring.

OP
kenpoworks

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Slapstick comedy.. One guy is the 'straight face', while one is the 'clown', I do believe that is all Kenpoworks was saying. I see nothing untoward in his comment, unless one is uneducated in the way of Comedy from a time past.

Thank you Tess, it was just an off the cuff comment which I am starting to regret.
No more yo,ho, ho from me then.
Rich

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My least favorite part is my belt seems to be shrinking.

Serioulsy though I think one of the things that bother me the most is all these peopel who want to claim that Ed Parker gave them the only true path. They do something one way so long that they think it is the only way to do something right even though in the beginning they were encouraged to tailor things to fit them, some how along the way they seem to have forgotten that the art has to fit each individual not the person fit the art.

dsp921

Green Belt
Reaction score
I really don't like all the fighting and politics between the various kenpo/kempo camps. But as with any really family, these things will happen....

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think GAB may have hit quite a bit of it on the head. The rest of the things that are less than pleasant are an off-shoot of that particular lack of understanding of what it's all about.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to see you posting on the boards again Dan.

Sigung86 said:
I think GAB may have hit quite a bit of it on the head. The rest of the things that are less than pleasant are an off-shoot of that particular lack of understanding of what it's all about.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dsp921 said:
I really don't like all the fighting and politics between the various kenpo/kempo camps. But as with any real family, these things will happen....
It's my least favorite too. :(

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Guys.. Slapstick comedy.. One guy is the 'straight face', while one is the 'clown', I do believe that is all Kenpoworks was saying. I see nothing untoward in his comment, unless one is uneducated in the way of Comedy from a time past.

~Tess

Tess ,

All is forgiven and forgotten if that is what he meant to convey in his post. My misunderstanding originated from him writing "straight guy" vs. "straight face"... if you follow. The difference in terms infers something else entirely.

Mr. Mittchell,

My least favorite area of Kenpo is the political mudslinging that goes on these days with "Kenpo doesn't work" as a close second.

:asian:

Latest Discussions