Votes: 11 29.7%
  • None- state what is...

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
What is your favorite thing about your art? is it sparring? Self defense? Weapons? I like all three of the one's I've listed. If you like other things, type it in your reply!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Step sparring and patterns. I chose "other" because I didn't think that step sparring was the sparring you were talking about.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
I voted for sparring, because it is so much fun, but I'd also mention teaching.
I get a lot of joy out of finding ways to help someone "get" a concept or technique they had been struggling with.

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Weapons! I love learning and doing weapons drills especially knife work. That's my very favorite. I'm also partial to a lot of the empty hand stuff we do, I enjoy that a lot. :)

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
I voted for all 3.

It breaks down for me as getting this old body a moving and keeping up with the young'ens :) (now where did I put that cane)

I like the sparring for timing and letting me know when I should cover better....man those kicks come from nowhere :btg:

The self defense, has the confidence boost along with flexiblility and balance.

For weapons, the nunchaku kata really makes you respect the back of your head.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I love weapons (nunchuckas especially), sparring is a GREAT workout - I just need to "unfocus" more and go with the flow of the fight, the self defense (one steps/ hapkidos) are very beneficial as they lay the ground work for more spontanious responses to an attack.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am gimped up. So I am going to say my favorite part of class is working forms. I dig the other stuff, however I found that dumping as much energy into forms is an awesome workout.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I voted all three but for me really it is more of a spiritual thing now a days.
Terry

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of the choices, I voted for sparring & SD. I like forms, too! But, I'm not a big weapons guy.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For me, it's forms #1, then self defense. I'm a technique geek, and I love practicing a form till I get it right with good technique. If I don't think a tech looks or feels right, I'll keep doing it till it does. And the self defense is fun, too. Specially in Jujitsu (no forms there but lots of SD).

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sparring and self defense is what i like .Can't really comment on the weapons yet as i have not gotten to practice with them:)

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am really hard pressed to pick just one,really..there's *so* much that I love to do in Hapkido. I just don't know.:idunno:

I know that I'll go through cycles of "current favorites",though..which I think is normal *quick glance around*..I'll get caught up in belt technique for a while..then I'll move on to really tearing apart all the wristlocks..move on to throwing. I love it all,ya know?:uhyeah:

painstain

Green Belt
Reaction score
i love sparring and sd but i think i like arial kicks the most. the are challenging and when you do one correctly it is very self satisfying.

with respect
painstain

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I used to be afraid of sparring, now I really like it, I'm really bad at it, but I love getting out there and mixing it up. I like weapons because they are not something we do often.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Poomsae is my favorite, so I voted under 'other.' I enjoy all aspects of TKD, including breaking, hogu drills, paddle drills, and philosophy.

Miles

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
What is your favorite thing about your art? is it sparring? Self defense? Weapons? I like all three of the one's I've listed. If you like other things, type it in your reply!

I basically like everything I do in TKD except when it comes to the end of class and I have to go home...

mcmillintkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have to agree. I love the solitude of working on forms. The time it takes to get that one little move that pulls it all together. When I took karate as a kid the instructor told us that each kata needed to be done 500 times before testing. I do not get that many times but I try to keep working on it.

Latest Discussions