What happened to Martialtalk member JR 137?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He was rather active up until a couple years ago. I recall that he had taken a new position with a biotech firm and was working on a team on Covid stuff, and suddenly I realize I havenā€™t seen him on the forums in quite a while. Does anyone have any info?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like itā€™s been a year and a half since he last logged in, but I havenā€™t heard anything about what heā€™s up to.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, after the discussion about Sheldonā€™s passing, it occurred to me that we might check in on members who have disappeared recently, especially during the Covid era.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after the discussion about Sheldonā€™s passing, it occurred to me that we might check in on members who have disappeared recently, especially during the Covid era.
That's not a bad idea, if anyone has any way to contact them.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, or maybe they just said something in a thread at some point before they disappeared, and not all of us saw it.
I looked back. Nothing from jr indicating he wasn't returning and didn't seem like he had gotten into any heated debates before he left.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is the moderation staff able to see his real name and an email address? Maybe Martialtalk can just send a friendly ā€œhow are ya doingā€™ā€ email?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the moderation staff able to see his real name and an email address? Maybe Martialtalk can just send a friendly ā€œhow are ya doingā€™ā€ email?
If we can, I'm not sure how. We'll discuss and see if that's something we (both technically and TOS-wise) can do.

OP
Flying Crane

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If we can, I'm not sure how. We'll discuss and see if that's something we (both technically and TOS-wise) can do.
Sure, and Iā€™m just thinking out loud.

I suppose itā€™s possible we lost some people to Covid. He just happened to come to mind. He was a good guy, contributed in a positive way here and I think we would all appreciate knowing if something happened to him.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old vBulletin software allowed all staff to see things like email addresses. Xenforo can allow it, but it is a permissions option. As it is currently configured, Moderators and Senior Moderators cannot. I do not know if Admin can, or if it is restricted to the site owners.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do know for a time we were both active an another MA forum. It was more karate specific oriented.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually I don't know. I haven't been active on forums much.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heya guys... I emailed him exactly 5 weeks ago to the day, and have heard nothing back yet. I'm hoping all is well but I have no idea.. šŸ˜ž