What game was that??

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know if this game came standard, but it was on like windows 3.1 or 95...

It was really simple: there were two balls bouncing around, and you had to cut the area they were bouncing in by clicking the curser. half of the line would be blue and the other half would be red. If a ball ran into the blue half, the blue half would dissapear, same with the red. If either (or both) halves made it to the edge of the box without one of the bouncing balls hitting it, it would cut the box. If there was no balls in the half that was cut away, it would dissapear. The object of the game was to get a certain % of the box cut away, and as soon as you did, you moved up a level - which added another ball.

Do you guys remember this game? What was it called?

My sister and I have been trying to remember for like days.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was called JezzBall. :)

It was a game made by Microsoft and, among other places, it was on Microsoft Best of Windows' Entertainment Pack.

Helluva lot of fun to play :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JezzBall

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I still have a copy of it, and I play it every so often.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my former roommates was totally hooked on Jezzball. She hogged the PC most every night, and played it for hours. I was very happy when she finally got her own computer. :uhyeah:

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
thank you!!!

But the wiki article was talking about the fact that there were a lot of wanna be jezzballs which you had to pay for more levels...

Kacey, could you email me a copy?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thank you!!!

But the wiki article was talking about the fact that there were a lot of wanna be jezzballs which you had to pay for more levels...

Kacey, could you email me a copy?
Yes, but you'll have to PM me with a direct email address.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks! I had FreeCell, but not the others... gives me something to do while I recover - being sick is boring. I could do my homework, but I'm having a little trouble concentrating.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're welcome. :) I also found an old copy of Microsoft Arcade; I don't think you can get it anywhere, I think. It also has Jezzball, Rodent, and Ski - along with five classic arcade games: Asteroid, Battle Zone, Centipede, Missile Command, and Tempest. File is in Zip format...

Oooh... Centipede... I am in trouble now...

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
How about I save y'all the trouble and attach it to this post? :D

The file is in zipped format. Not only does it have Jezzball, it includes seven other games: Blackjack, Cruel, Freecell, Klotski, Rodent, Ski, and TaiPei.

Have fun! :ultracool

Loved Jezz Ball, and Cruel. Thanks...

Do you happen to know where I could get a copy of La Belle Lucie, I believe it was called? It was on on of the earlier versions of Windows too.

Thanks,

Dan

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'know what...you also have plenty of time to make a run at Bushidomartialarts' Tetris score... :uhyeah:

I could... if I could concentrate long enough to get there - fever tends to really mess with my ability to do anything for a long time. That must be why I've been half-sleeping through a variety of movies today.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry folks, had to delete the attachments due to a concern on copyrights.

Even though the programs aren't available to buy anywhere, they still haven't been released AFAIK to the general public. Considering the bank account of the holder is a few billion bucks larger than mine, I gotta err on the safe side.

Do a Google search on the phrase "Abandonware", and whatever title you are looking for. Might help you out.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sam, go to google.com and search for "jezzball clone" and it will pull up countless sites that offer free downloads and online plays of the game.

AoG

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont want a clone I want the real thing lol

Latest Discussions