What Drugs Should Be Legal And Illegal?

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
What non-prescription drugs (such as illegal drugs) do you think should be legal and illegal? What drugs are you not sure about?

Legal

Alcohol
Marijuana

Illegal

Opium
Heroin
Morphine
Cocaine

Not Sure

Extacy
LSD
Speed
Tobacco

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In my personal opinion all the drugs you listed should be illegal with no exceptions... well mebbe alcohol... because it was tried before (think: prohibition) and failed miserably.
While I may be biased towards the idea (been clean and sober for 16 years) psychotropic drugs do nobody any good.
The drug war is a joke because of politicians taking it under the table while drugs are still being smuggled in regardless.
They're dangerous... even a "light-drug" such as marijuana...

Besides... Martial Artists get high on training and life. :D

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have heard and read that ecstasy can work miracles on marriages that have couples who have lost interest and love with each other. Perhaps Ecstasy is okay to use for medical uses, but I'm not sure whether the normal population can handle the drug. The drug isn't that dangerous if you know how to use it, but it is very very dangerous if you do not know how to use it. Hence a doctor under doctor's supervision it maybe okay.

Many spiritual miracles have been reported from some users of LSD. Of course this drug has a pretty bad potential if not used correctly. Perhaps it should be legal to religious officials, who can supervise people using the drug for some spiritual enlightenment. I'm not sure about the rest of the people.

Speed was actually a drug manufactured (correct me if I'm wrong) for medical uses so it may have some medical use. Does anyone know how addictive it is? If it is too addictive it shouldn't be legal to the entire population in that case.

Opium, Heroin, Morphine, and possibly Cocaine should remain banned as they are highly addictive and can ruin lives very very quickly. There aren't many benefits from it, if you want to use a depressant just have a couple beers ;).

Tobacco I'm not really sure about. While it doesn't affect your brain as badly as other drugs do it still creates many long term health problems. Perhaps this is from smoking it, but it is also highly addictive. If you want to feel a high perhaps Marijuana is a better solution.

Marijuana isn't as bad as many people think. It can be harmful but then again so can alcohol if not used properly. Marijuana can make you lazy, but then again alcohol can make you violent. So I do think Marijuana should be legal to the public but the media should encourage people to use it responsibility with it.

Alcohol should never be banned, as it has been around with humanity for a long time. It can like any other drug, be harmful both mentally and physically but it is up to the people to drink responsibly ;). A party anyways wouldn't be the same without alcohol (at least a wild party meant for fun ;).

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
In my personal opinion all the drugs you listed should be illegal with no exceptions... well mebbe alcohol... because it was tried before (think: prohibition) and failed miserably.
While I may be biased towards the idea (been clean and sober for 16 years) psychotropic drugs do nobody any good.
The drug war is a joke because of politicians taking it under the table while drugs are still being smuggled in regardless.
They're dangerous... even a "light-drug" such as marijuana...

Besides... Martial Artists get high on training and life. :D

I tried once Marijuana a long time ago but I didn't see the big deal in it. But just because I did not like it doesn't mean it should be banned as many people like it. Alcohol is the only drug I use, and I usually only drink it socially. I like getting the feeling but other than that I dislike Alcohol. But I think these drugs should be let to the people to decide how to use it (hopefully with responsibility ;)).

I have never tried any other drug but they may have some potential to do good within them (especially LSD and Ectasy IF used correctly).

C

CrankyDragon

I really, really hate seeing this thread here. Ive seen it a few times on other forums, and it serves no positive use, generates heated debates and fuels hate among users.

Topics such as gay marriages, legalizing drugs, religion and politics are always good for a non-productive thread. :rolleyes:

Andrew

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
MmmmmKay....
Mari-joo-ahna's bad, mmkay, because if you use mari-joo-ahna, then you're a bad person, mmkay

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe all drugs are bad, with that being said make all of them legal and Tax the heck out of them. I mean they are here and always will be here for those idiots that would like to do them so Tax them at a 100% and take the consumption of who and how much.

I know would I like my kids to have the option of buying them legal, hopefully I will bring my pwn kids up with the right perspective about drugs so they would never in the first place.
Terry

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd rather see them legal and quality controlled then sold on the street with people not knowing exactly what's in them.

Some are highly addictive and mess people up bad, those should be illegal and perhaps policed more. But if someone wants to smoke Marijuana that's there call, but I think it would be better if it came from a trusted source, cause they are going to get it anyways, might as well make sure it's clean.

Tobacco is fine too for those that want it, what should be illegal is adding all the chemicals to make it more addictive and more dangerous... Tobacco is also a part of Native American culture and religion, it would be like banning wine (communion).

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
I'd rather see them legal and quality controlled then sold on the street with people not knowing exactly what's in them.

Some are highly addictive and mess people up bad, those should be illegal and perhaps policed more. But if someone wants to smoke Marijuana that's there call, but I think it would be better if it came from a trusted source, cause they are going to get it anyways, might as well make sure it's clean.

Tobacco is fine too for those that want it, what should be illegal is adding all the chemicals to make it more addictive and more dangerous... Tobacco is also a part of Native American culture and religion, it would be like banning wine (communion).
Marijuana from trusted sources?....Like Tobacco companies? Come on, guys, if pot were legalized, tobacco companies would be the ones selling it. They have the most experience in a similar product. Joe Camel (pothead) would be marketing joints to children, just like the rest of their products.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Marijuana from trusted sources?....Like Tobacco companies? Come on, guys, if pot were legalized, tobacco companies would be the ones selling it. They have the most experience in a similar product. Joe Camel (pothead) would be marketing joints to children, just like the rest of their products.

As I stated, what should be illegal is doing with it what Tobacco companies do.

A trusted source would be a pharmacy, same place I buy Advil, nyquil and other drugs.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
As I stated, what should be illegal is doing with it what Tobacco companies do.

A trusted source would be a pharmacy, same place I buy Advil, nyquil and other drugs.
So you want it by prescription only?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
I don't need a perscription to buy advil, but I trust the source.

Besides, it can be got by perscription already.
Advil is not a recreational drug. The best analogy to marijuana is alcohol. Alcohol companies operate under the same marketing principle as cigarette companies "Hook 'em young". Moreover, pharmacies do not produce Advil, they sell it. Who do you think would be "Growing" marijuana industrially?

I'm always amazed by all the anti-industrialist sentiment that's pro-legalization of marijuana, never realizing that all they will do is succeed in creating a new HUGE corperation to sell them industrial strength pot. They all have images of growing their own pot in the backyard. You can grow your own tobacco and make your own beer too, but how many people do that?

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:

Is that why tobacco is so addictive (because they add chemicals to make it more addicting)? I always thought it was because tobacco itself had the nicotene, then again I haven't read much about tobacco in relation to how much I studied other drugs.

BTW Everyone, what do you think about banning smoking but keeping tobbaco, and other less harmful smoking drugs legal? Smoking IMO is the worst way to take drugs. Although it saves time and money, it damages the health a lot more. I would rather have a weed brownie........if I ever was to like weed ;).

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How quickly people forget my 2004 Predidential Campaign platform.

;)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm ready to see tobacco banned. It's a poison. When used as intended, it kills the user.

No strong feelings either way on Mary Jane.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I'm ready to see tobacco banned. It's a poison. When used as intended, it kills the user.

No strong feelings either way on Mary Jane.
Which is a position i've heard from many people. I agree as far as tobacco goes. Legalization of Marijuana, however, would be a big boon to tobacco companies. Plus, all those former tobacco farmers in Kentucy have experience harvesting marijuana already. http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs1/1540/marijuan.htm

Latest Discussions