What do you want to do next class?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A little play off the "What did you do last class?"

What do you want to do last class? Instructor says you can choose to do anything you want, what do you pick?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At the JKD class I'll go tomorrow, we usually start with double sticks and move to single sticks, then to empty hand. Since I also take FMA, I'd like to see more empty hand! I'd like to spend less time on sinawalis and more time on the JKD/Wing Chun style trapping-to-entering techniques.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What do I want to do set back and let the students teach me for a night what a concept. See how they like explaining things ten thousands times in one night, just kidding. I would love to do more weapon training.
Terry

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
What do I want to do set back and let the students teach me for a night what a concept. See how they like explaining things ten thousands times in one night, just kidding. I would love to do more weapon training.
Terry

Go for it, it's great for them and you.

I've done that with some of my students, about 2-weeks others took over, I just played student.

It was a interesting experience for everyone.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good idea :)

Anyways, I'd like to do forms, so I'd pick forms. Plus I can't do much of anything else. I just had surgery, so sparring is out.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Weapons. Definitely. And the next kata, Pinan Shodan. I'm ready to work on my green. A little ground fighting would be fun, also.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
Good idea :)

Anyways, I'd like to do forms, so I'd pick forms. Plus I can't do much of anything else. I just had surgery, so sparring is out.

Karate Kid I hope you are alright from surgery. How long before you can start to spar again.
Terry

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if you were my instructor, my answer would be ..."Anything, Sir."

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to focus on bunkai to the naihanchi katas.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to spend more time on locks and take downs. We practice them often, but it's never enough for me.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Karate Kid I hope you are alright from surgery. How long before you can start to spar again.
Terry

Probably in a bout a month. I can go back to training sooner, but it will be limited on what I can do. Probably just forms and one steps for a awhile. But the surgery went well. I'm already back on my feet doing "normal" activities (walking, driving, ect).

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
At the JKD class I'll go tomorrow, we usually start with double sticks and move to single sticks, then to empty hand. Since I also take FMA, I'd like to see more empty hand! I'd like to spend less time on sinawalis and more time on the JKD/Wing Chun style trapping-to-entering techniques.

This is exactly what happened! Thanks for asking.

Latest Discussions