What came first...

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
the chicken or the egg?
What!?...I ordered bacon.

Niether the [chicken] nor the egg came first, but evolved through common descent :lol:.

Considering the philisophical ramifications, I am most disturbed. An ultimate cause which cannot be mathematically demonstrated is present in the intimations of this age-old question. I always understood this question to actually be asking, "Is there a God?"

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Theban_Legion said:
What!?...I ordered bacon.

Niether the nor the egg came first, but evolved through common descent :lol:.

Considering the philisophical ramifications, I am most disturbed. An ultimate cause which cannot be mathematically demonstrated is present in the intimations of this age-old question. I always understood this question to actually be asking, "Is there a God?"
It's much less of a headache if you look at it genetically.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
I meant chicken eggs, dude
Well you need to be specific, but i'm still going with egg ancestory over chicken ancestory.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
I think I'll just have the tuna-fish sandwich....
Mercury, honey, mercury. Poached salmon, please, with steamed asparagus.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Mercury, honey, mercury. Poached salmon, please, with steamed asparagus.
Well... umm, errr.... don't salmon swim in the same mercury saturated ocean that the tuna does? :idunno:
How about a nice big juicy T-bone steak... nope (mad-cow disease right?)

Ok starvation. Because nuthing is safe to eat anymore not even aigs. ... hee hee :D

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The egg came first. The chicken didn't exist through out the entire history of the Earth. It probably evolved from another organism. The organism that is the ancestor of the chicken laid the first egg that would hatch what we now know as the modern day chicken. After that, the chicken continued to lay eggs of the modern day chicken.

....I want KFC now.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Shu2jack said:
The egg came first. The chicken didn't exist through out the entire history of the Earth. It probably evolved from another organism. The organism that is the ancestor of the chicken laid the first egg that would hatch what we now know as the modern day chicken. After that, the chicken continued to lay eggs of the modern day chicken.

....I want KFC now.
You beat me to it. I use this example to talk to my students. My other job is teaching science.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shu2jack said:

....I want KFC now.

Agreed! :D

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Shu2jack said:
That's all I asked for, folks.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
You beat me to it. I use this example to talk to my students. My other job is teaching science.
Soon they'll make you start teaching the answer to the question, What was intelligently designed first--the chicken or the egg?

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
arnisador: "What was intelligently designed first--the chicken or the egg?"

That just made me throw up in my mouth a little. :barf:

Of course the egg came first - birds evolved from dinosaurs, right?

But would you call it a 'chicken egg' before the first chicken hatched out of it, or is it not yet a 'chicken's egg' until it is laid by a chicken?

Latest Discussions