What about BOB

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a BOB from century martial arts supply. Does anyone have any thing as to care and feeding of a BOB?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a BOB from century martial arts supply. Does anyone have any thing as to care and feeding of a BOB?

Um... is there some reason why a BOB would need treatment or maintenance any different from what a regular standing heavy bag requires? I mean, they're not that realistic! :wink1:

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have Big Bob's and little Bob's in all of my schools. Heavy bags are great for hitting hard, speed drills and things like that but BOB gives you a chance to work your targeting drills. Have a player having trouble clearing their round kicks to the head, well Bob will stand there and let them practice clearing his shoulders while hitting his head, axe kicks not going high enough, same thing, go back to front and there he is again. I have one player who's idea of a body shot is about mid chest, well, Bob was nice enough to donate his kidneys for target practice. They can't find the solar plexus with there reverse punches, now they can. Yep, I do like Bob.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
We have two in the school, Billy and Bob (both full sizes B.O.B.'s), and I tell you, they're great. We put a T-shirt on them, you know, so I don't feel inferior in the pectorals and all that hehehe.

Honestly though, great tools, targeting, angles of attack for weapons... the only thing that sometimes comes up is that the surface can 'grab' you at times. The shirt helps though.

Bob rocks.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

If memory serves me the booket that come with BOB has all that info..Outside of cleaning of the dirst, dust, sweat and occasional blood there is no maint that I can think of...

OP
B

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
What I was looking for was in the field testers. The kind of owners care for . Like what is the best cleaners to use,should one use sand or water for the base,or somthing else for the base. I was thinking of mounting a set of wheels under him for easy movement. Does the conner man mount any betterthan the free standing mount? I like the idea for the t-shirt cover. Any ideas would be of great! All the best in the arts.

Latest Discussions