What a day - forced to use SD against my own sister...

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
What a day.

So I feel crappy this morning and get my *** up and go to work at 8:30.
I'm back home at 3 and my sister calls me yelling to come get my **** out of her house. I'm tired and I dont feel well, I tell her. She keeps yelling. I hang up. She comes over and says if I dont come get my **** right now she's throwing it all away and giving it to goodwill. I say fine do whatever you want just see if I ever ****ing talk to you again.
My dad jumps in and points out that I only moved out 3 weeks ago and she moved out years ago and she still has some of her **** in her room and he never did this to her and she was being unreasonable. She says I don't care come get it or I'm throwing it away. I wish you guys could hear her voice. She was actually enjoying this, getting pleasure out of causing other people problems. Being SO controling. I just wanted to slap the **** out of her.
So she leaves and I'm feeling crappy as it is and my dad convinces me to go get my stuff.
So we go over and my sister, being controling, doesn't have anything to yell at me about since I'm doing what she wants. She starts yelling at me to give her keys back and I said you're going out of town tomorrow and I need to come get more stuff. She's like you arent allowed to be here unless I'm here.
At this point I'm not giving her her keys just to be obstinate and piss her off, and I'm pretty sure she was gonna kick me out after I give her the keys anyway and I want my stuff. My dad tells her to chill and that he wont let me leave unless I give her her keys so should relax. So she keeps yelling in my face to give her her keys back. I'm ignoring her and she wont move out of the doorway of my room. I tell her to chill out and get her temper because I don't want to get in a fight with her. My room is really small and I don't want to get into a fight with her there, but I can see it in her eyes that she's after blood. (You know that look, where their eyes get all big and you know you need to watch the hell out).
So she tries to shove me back into the room but my dad and the guy she's currently using, her sugar daddy, (not her married boy friend, a different guy), are both in the living room and they wont be able to intervene if we get into it in that little room. So I shove her out into the hallway and put the basket down as my sister comes in swinging. My natural reaction was to webhand her in the throat, but I didnt want to hurt her, just stop her from hurting me. So instead of pushing with it, I put it out there and she just ran into it. I still cant believe she did that, but I've done that to bill smith's backfist to my head before, so it kinda makes sense. So I'm literally just holding her back like that and she's trying to go forward and she makes this funny gurgly noise and realizes that its not gonna work, so she starts scratching at my hand (the only injuries I sustained). I then used my foot to shove her backwards. (It looked like a thrust kick, but the best way to describe it would be to compare it to a golby no-inch punch. It was a no-inch kick. I didnt 'push' until my foot was on her belly button-ish area.) So she stumbles backward and I get into a creeper stance because I'm comfortable that way, and she comes running at me (I cant believe she didnt see I was about to kick her to southwest missouri, my dad said the way I was leaning back though to him it looked like I was cowering. Yeah, right.
laughing.gif
) So anyway she comes running at me (I could have done tacke technique A but I didn't have room to step off the line as we were in the hallway, so it was good I was in a kicking stance...) Anyway, I sidekick her in the stomach beneath her ribs as hard as I could (again, I didn't want to HURT her...(well, I wanted it to hurt her, but not like seriously or anything. I wanted her to stop trying to attack me) I don't know if my hardest side kick is powerful enough to break ribs, but I don't want to find out on my sister... even if she is a bia who woulda deserved it). So she falls on her *** in the hallway and my dad goes and holds her back and I've lost my temper at about this point and I go to beat the holy **** out of her and her sugar daddy grabs me and I come to my senses immediately again. I don't know what I was thinking, but nothing happened. So we call the police and I say I want her arrested for assault and they look at me and they look at her and she looked a lot worse than I did (scratches on her neck, bruising stomach area) and they say if she assaulted you why does she look so much worse and my dad explained about me and karate. And when Amanda heard dad telling them the truth she starts screaming for dad to get the **** out of her house which only served to tip off the police that we were telling the truth. So the cops hung around while I got my ****, and when they saw me throw all my books into a sheet (so I could carry them all out in a santa-claus like way) they had to ask if I'd read all of them. Which I thought was funny for some reason. (the answer was yes). So we leave and dad stops by the door and says Amanda I just want you to know I love you and amanda's like I hate you I hope you ****ing die. And dad walks sadly out of her house. it was very movie-esque. Oh, and her sugar daddy is outside and we tell him what the deal is and to get a better girl, because she's just using him for money and about her other married boyfriend.
So its 5:30 and I'm like pull over let me pull some clothes out and you can take me directly to karate. so I go to karate, get there at about 5:45, and at 5:55 I'm outside because I know without a doubt I'm about to throw up and I don't want to do it in the bathroom where anyone can hear me. (the thought of hearing someone puke is so disgusting to me that I dont want to subject anyone else to it.) Aimee comes out and says can I get you anything hun and I'm really annoyed because I'm about to throw up and I dont want anyone to see or hear me because thats just disgusting. So I say hurriedly call my dad tell him to pick me up and as she walks inside I start throwing up. (I hope she was already inside). And after I'm done for the moment I go inside to get a drink and find half the studio watching me and Dan asks me if I'm feeling kind of crappy... great, all I need is my karate instructor imagining me puking outside. (Who told him?!) So I go get a drink and go outside so I can throw up some more.
So dad comes and picks me up and I threw up all evening (great huh?). I took some pepto bismol, and went to sleep, and an hour later I was throwing that up too. (How sick do you have to be to throw up medicine that stops you from throwing up?) And I took like three showers and my whole body hurts and I got 4 restless hours of sleep but at least I'm not throwing up anymore.
Oh, and I weigh 7 lbs less than I'm supposed to, I'm really dehydrated.

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmm... Why did you throw up for??? Do you have a condition or something???
Man, what is wrong with your sister??? How old is she??? SHe doesn't seem very friendly...

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think you exercised a reasonable amount of restraint in the situation. Your sister, especially being older, should conduct herself better than that. I'm glad you're okay, Sam.

I worry that your physical problems (the vomiting) might be more due to stress than you think. I know you've really been going through a lot lately.

I hope you can work through some of the things going on. You know we're here for you and being able to train is a good stress reliever.

Sometimes though we all need a little more help than what friends and exercise can provide. I'm trying hard to get my wife to talk to someone about her depression. Your symptoms sound very similar.

Maybe you need a break from your family for a bit. Between your dad and your sister, it sounds like things are getting worse. I don't want that for you.

I wish you the very best, Sam.

your friend ~ Michael

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
patience is a virtual but having to be in that type of a stituation is tramactic. I'am truely sorry for your stituation.
Terry

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, did you catch a cold? You did say you felt pretty icky when you woke up that morning. So much stress could easily make anything just starting get a bunch worse.

Hope things go better soon.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That sounds like it was a really ugly scene. I am sorry to hear about it, especially when it is family involved. You'll get thru it, tho. keep truckin'.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That was a rough scene. You handled it well. Your stomach sounds like nerves and stress. It's very understandable after a situation like that, not to mention there must have been problems that led up to this.

Good luck, you'll be better for it in the long run.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you feel better, your sister grows up and no one heard you (you said that you hoped no one heard). I have a few things that might make you feel better.
1. A few months ago I ate to much before class and about half way through, I asked if I could go breath. While I was catching my breath and getting a little water, I threw up all over myself, and the floor. In frount of a rather large class. Then while running to the head, I threw up again. Then right before I got to a stall. My Sensei had to clean up my sick, and I had to stand in vomit for about 15 minutes while I waited to see if I would again. My point is you're not the first to get sick in class, and wont be the last (you're lucky that few people probably acctuly saw you).
2. I've been in more then a few verbal disagreements with my sister. And alot ended up phyiscal. But if I were to fight back, she'd start crying, play the victim, I'd be grounded, and then her boy freind would beat me into next tuesday (man I'd miss Christmas [joke]). Once again, what happened to you has happened to other people in the past, and will happened to other people.
3. Eventually things will get better with your body and your family. but untill then,
4. You are in prayers.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade (and keep you safe),

John, hopeing you feel better.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You may regret posting this dirty laundry some day. Anyways its sounds like you lean back before kicking. It could get you killed; so, work on posture.
Sean

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
You may regret posting this dirty laundry some day. Anyways its sounds like you lean back before kicking. It could get you killed; so, work on posture.
Sean

I don't care about 'dirt laundry'. some stuff happened that I wanted to get off my chest. I have no reason to keep it a secret. Do you think I have something to be embarassed about? And it's a sideways kicking stance, we're taught to lean back. Sort of like this.

Attachments

• $sidekick.jpg
    $sidekick.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 377

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry you don't feel well and I'm sorry about the confrontation with your sister. Sibling confrontations are particularly nasty, I know. So you left off what set your sister off in the first place.

btw. don't sweat the puking. After you're a parent, you get used to it in a hurry.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sam said:
I don't care about 'dirt laundry'. some stuff happened that I wanted to get off my chest. I have no reason to keep it a secret. Do you think I have something to be embarassed about? And it's a sideways kicking stance, we're taught to lean back. Sort of like this.
I see, I had this vision of you bending backward.
Sean

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sam, there are several people on this board who have learned the hard way that, to quote another member, "family=safety isn't a guarantee." I'm one of them.

Hang in there. As you continue to mature independent of your family ties, things will get someone easier when you can put some physical distance between you and your family. Just make sure all your loose ends are tied up and you're of an appropriate legal age before you do so.

Take care - and feel free to PM me anytime.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you are feeling better- both physically and emotionally. It is ok to vent- best to talk to people about it, and not keep it in.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well Sam, the first part of the title to your post is certianly apt (grins).
You're a good example of how the results of repetitive practice and training comes to the fore when you needed it.
You're also a good example of a martialist showing discipline and restraint during "combat".
And again you're a good example of (one of) the things that can happen afterwards. Me, I usually break-down and cry. Other people just shake for a few hours, still others respond to massive adrealine dumps/over-doses in their own way. This is my opinon as to why you started barfin' all over the place. Our bodies are really just not used to that particular body chemical in large amounts.

I echo everyone else's sentiment that I'm glad you're okay and had responded well under the circumstances. Proud of you kiddo.

:asian:

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, There are many people out there that is an only child. They all wish they had a brother or a sister at one time or another.

My best friend was an only child and many times he talk about this. "I wish I had a brother or sister"

I am glad you and your sister are making contact........enjoy your moments together........Aloha

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you had to go through this, Sam. I had a bad family experience as well, and I know it is worse when you are still a minor and under the power of others. You will prevail, I am sure, and will be a stronger and more caring adult for the experience.

Family problems, suck though, no two ways about it. They take more out of a person emotionally and physically than just about anything else. I'm just glad you are ok. I think you have the drive and ambition that she may not and perhaps this arouses some animosity on her part? Whatever the case, take care of yourself. I think that you have a great future ahead of yourself.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm very sorry you had to go through all that! I'm sorry you felt and got sick too. I can understand a little about a freaky family member. I've had to defend myself from my brother who several times tried to seriously hurt me (different situation though). It takes a lot of restraint to not seriously hurt that person especially if you're mad at them and defending yourself. I'm proud of you! :asian: And I'll pray for you too.

Feel Better,
Robyn :asian: