Reaction score

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Something looks to be corrupted. Do the originals on your system look ok?
Try republishing them?

OP
lhommedieu

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Can't figure it out - the originals on my computer look fine - and I keep uploading them to the server. Guess I have to re-write them, upload the new ones, and see what happens.

Best,

Steve

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
delete the ones from the server, then reupload.

Verify that the transfer settings are correct as well...it looks like they are getting garbled in the transfer, but I've never seen that happen quite that way before.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My same thought would be to delete the one on the server and then reupload. You may want to make sure that the server for that particular page is using has the front page extensions enabled. I know some sites you have to do that for anything with front page to work.

I would recommend dreamweaver. Much better program

OP
lhommedieu

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tried it. It's just weird - the pages come up fine on my computer, but when I delete them from the server and upload the originals, they won't translate the same way that all the other pages will. As most of my pages were written from the same template, I don't understand why this particular group isn't working out.

I'm in the middle of moving to Suffolk county, New York so I'll probably let it go for a week or so. What I probably need to do is just rewrite them from scratch (not too hard since it's only 4-5 pages). One of these days I'll have to set enough time aside to learn HTML (or at least a better program than FrontPage) instead of just learning how to fake it....

Also - along with my move I'll be changing servers, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice - I appreciate it.

Best,

Steve

Latest Discussions