Weapons in different styles

Johnnie Soda

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to try to learn a style (either bujinkan or genbukan), but haven't completely decided which to pursue (both are viable in my case). I was just wondering how much emphasis is put on weapons in either bujinkan or genbukan. I believe that both use weapons in training, but does one put more emphasis on it? If anyone trains either one (or did one and now does the other), I would greatly appreciate your input. Please don't say anything specifically trying to recruit me into one or the other, I want a somewhat objective opinion as I'm seriously debating which one to pursue.

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
Alot of those variables might be down to indidvidual dojos, i'd got along try a lesson at both and ask.

Amen.

:angel:

Logan

Green Belt
Reaction score
How important is weapon training to you? Is it one weapon in particular or just learning several? I'm curious as to why you limit yourself to Genbukan or Bujinkan... Weapons are in both arts. It would depend on the attitude of the instructor who, if he/she has any sense, wouldn't introduce weapon training from the first lesson but make sure you have a solid foundation.

Do you get the hint?