Wanna own your own country? one is for sale!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
8 digit offers?

I saw the picture in the wiki link and it looks to no more than is described, which is nothing to me. I am not sure I would offer them $100 USD for the place. I see no benefit in this place. :(

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Oh the benifits... it is it's own COUNTRY meaning it can perscribe its own local laws. Create its own military and has soverign borders.

I'd take it in 3 seconds.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And it would be a great for tax purposes, which is what it's all about anyways.

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Actually Seahaven used to be a datacrypt. Meaing of course that it was a place you could store data and do transactions that would be kept totally secret from everyone including foriegn nations.

Alas they could not maintain the model.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would call it the Land of Mr. Chew!

And he would be a fair and just tyranical ruler. :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh the benifits... it is it's own COUNTRY meaning it can perscribe its own local laws. Create its own military and has soverign borders.

I'd take it in 3 seconds.

I agree it could be taken quite easily form first appearance.

I do not get it. If I make money in the USA I pay taxes in the USA even if I live in Canada. So if I live in my own country I still make pay taxes where I make the money.

Actually Seahaven used to be a datacrypt. Meaing of course that it was a place you could store data and do transactions that would be kept totally secret from everyone including foriegn nations.

Alas they could not maintain the model.

Now this makes more sense. It is a Tax Heaven for others and they pay you for it and to hide their money. I wonder, why they are looking to unload this, is it maybe because they will loose their indepnedance or money when someone shows up and captures or takes possession for the (* possibility of *) international / terrorist funds going through their data archives?

I would seriously want a complete investigation of the place and all those involved in doing business there. And also understand what treaties if any are in existence. Is it recognized by the UN?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last I heard, it was involved in a dispute with England. England says they aren't independent, something to do with coastal distances, or something.

Personally, I'd rather have something a little nicer, say in the Carribean maybe?

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last I heard, it was involved in a dispute with England. England says they aren't independent, something to do with coastal distances, or something.

Personally, I'd rather have something a little nicer, say in the Carribean maybe?

Want to buy your own island?

I always look at that site and drool :) not your own country, but I imagine if desired, some of the islands could become independant...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn the luck! I always wanted my own country and here I am without the money to buy it now that the opportunity is ripe!

Ah well...maybe next time.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just 8 digits, I'll take three
icon10.gif

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score

A friend of mine used to know the guys that owned this / ran it. The end result is that Britian wants to claim sovrienty over it because it is a datacrypt.

That's the last bit of inside information I have... he hasn't responded to me yet but he keeps calling I think he may want to buy it. (his friends have big pockets)

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok got the scoop as it were.

Seahaven is costing too much is the problem. The Biritish tried to claim it and even went so far as to exchange shots with a boat designated for defense of sealand. In the end the court system found in favor of sealand so it is technically a country in its own right.

In the end the Prince is selling it because of international pressure to expose the operation and a lack of revenue being generated.

Latest Discussions