Villari's future...

WhiteBeltNoStripe

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've been wondering and can't seem to find any information, but who is leading Villari's into the future now that GM Villari has passed? I understand most of the schools do their own thing these days, but it would seem there has to be some sort of "leadership". I know at one time they had the board of 7 dragons (not sure of exact name) and I'm wondering if that group still leads the way? Anyway, I thought some of you fine folks may have some knowledge. Thanks!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am NOT affiliated with SKK.

I fear if GM Villari did not name a specific successor, then most likely what will happen is that some of the top instructors will claim the leadership for themselves and it will splinter much like Ed Parker's kenpo did (and many other arts).

This has happened even with the recent passing GM Tracy and Tracy's Kenpo. Some have broken away from his son, Mark Tracy who was the successor of his father's art.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am NOT affiliated with SKK.

I fear if GM Villari did not name a specific successor, then most likely what will happen is that some of the top instructors will claim the leadership for themselves and it will splinter much like Ed Parker's kenpo did (and many other arts).

This has happened even with the recent passing GM Tracy and Tracy's Kenpo. Some have broken away from his son, Mark Tracy who was the successor of his father's art.
The splintering for SKK had been going on since the 80's and a big one in the 90's if my memory is correct.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
The splintering happens with a without a named successor. Usually hard to match the charisma or dynamism of the founder. After the founder you have followers. I remember being super disappointed when GGM Pedoy passed and witnessing the vacuum it caused. My instructor quit because he was passed over for high chief, the original group split up into a few groups, some “multi style”. Really a bummer to watch.

Latest Discussions