Viking Fighting arts

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.vikingfighting.com/

Honestly, I don't know if this site is serious, or something like realultimatepower.com.

If you look at the guy's claims and what he says you just can't take him seriously. Things like the photo of the prior grandmaster just seem to be out and out jokes on the reader. But there does seem to be actual training going on in the form of seminars and such.

Is this a joke? Is someone pulling our legs? Or is this one of those cases where you don't know whether to cry over the silliness of the site or cry that some people seem to have bought the story?

Look at some quotes I pulled from the site.

LS: Well, it hasn't happened yet. So how would you fight a UFC fighter then?

SS: On the street, I'd smash his head in with my warhammer. Or maybe just have my friends surround him and then windmill and stomp him to death.

I pity the fool who rambles like a psychotic mad man. His journey shall always end in a world full of hurt (or in a mental asylum).

why people question the viking fighting arts
A lot of people come on this forum and question you guys, and its pretty easy to see why. No one that comes here can see any actual proof of this system. Do you have any videos of you stuff in action that we can check out? Not any drills or anything, but open fighting.

Mike

"A lot of people question God, and its pretty easy to see why. No one can see any actual proof of Him. Do you have any videos of His stuff in action that we can check out?"

I pity the fool who needs to see a video to become a believer of the Berzerker Arts. His journey shall always end in a world full of hurt.

-Karlfeldt

Anyone who does a bad impression of B.A. Baracus from the A-team as often as this guy does just has to be pulling a gag on the world. And yet, there is some comments about seminars that seemed to have happened.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone who does a bad impression of B.A. Baracus from the A-team as often as this guy does just has to be pulling a gag on the world. And yet, there is some comments about seminars that seemed to have happened.

wow. I just checked out the website. what an experience. I am speechless...

I have to agree that it's either a pile of cow dung, or sadly- real. That's all I can say, because I'm just as speechless as Flying Crane.

OP
Mr. E

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think we can agree that it is a sign of someone with a mental problem.

It this guy is trying to be serious, then the problems are obvious.

But if this was a joke, then someone needs to get a girlfriend real bad.

The time, effort and money for this would not be worth the giggles you get from it. That is, unless you had no life to speak of.

The forums have posts from May of 2006 to January of this year. That is a good amount of time to spend on a joke. I am convinced that it is a joke now, but I think the guy that spent so much of his life putting this together could have spent his time so much better. This thing seems to be a parody of some of the things out there. I can joke about those things as well. This however seems a form of obsession.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hooo boy I can smell the testosterone from here......

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This stuff is actually really really funny. Go into the forum section and read thru some of the threads. The responses by Grand Master Sven are just over the top. I'm laughing all over the place. It's hilarious!

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
BY THOR!!!! The forum there was great, my friend and I were in stitches. BY THOR!!!!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BERZERKEROBICS fitness now that I can get into LOL

Well it is almost an original idea for a workout I wish I knew someone who had it so I could watch it.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
At first I had hopes. One of the their schools listed was in nearby New Hampshire.

That after years of searching my quest to finally learn a reality based martial art and effective street defense would have ended. That I could train hard all day and then P-A-R-T-Y with these guys drinking copious amounts of ale and mead wine served by long-haired Scandinavian beauties just like in the banquet scene from the 1958 classic movie “The Vikings”.

But alas and foresooth, the listed NH dojo only appears linked backed to this website.

But I will continue my quest, and to all you pencil-necked doubters out here on MT I just have two words.

HAIL THOR!!

BTW, in terms of ratio breakdown “…70% attack, 25% counter-attack, and maybe 15% defense.” Well Sven that actually adds up to 110%, you guys are just awesome.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Silence you lowly thralls! You will learn to fear the wrath of the Norse Warriors of Odin soon enough. Our longships have already set sail for your godless shores. When we burn your town and steal your women you won`t be laughing no more, weakling men.
viking.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silence you lowly thralls! You will learn to fear the wrath of the Norse Warriors of Odin soon enough. Our longships have already set sail for your godless shores. When we burn your town and steal your women you won`t be laughing no more, weakling men.
viking.gif

Can't wait! steal me!

We had Vikings here way back when and they don't seem to have left! most place names round us are Norse (Askrigg, Aysgarth, Yoredale). A lot of words used in N Yorks are Norse such as 'beck' for stream. We even had a Viking city Jorvik (York now), they say the Vikings discovered America first don't they!

Cirdan have a look at this and see if you recognise any words common to you and us!
http://www.viking.no/e/england/e-yorkshire_norse.htm

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, well, well. What a nice way to start the day.

The BERZERKER™ Viking Fighting system is the best, the deadliest and the most brutal combat system ever invented by man. It's the world's ultimate fighting system for military, police, special forces and civilians.

Just had to reproduce this because it is priceless. I think it says it all really.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't wait! steal me!

We had Vikings here way back when and they don't seem to have left! most place names round us are Norse (Askrigg, Aysgarth, Yoredale). A lot of words used in N Yorks are Norse such as 'beck' for stream. We even had a Viking city Jorvik (York now), they say the Vikings discovered America first don't they!

Cirdan have a look at this and see if you recognise any words common to you and us!
http://www.viking.no/e/england/e-yorkshire_norse.htm

By Frøy`s golden pig! It is no suprise women run away from the wretched man-things of this land and into the strong arms of virile Vikings!

Actually the majority of those words exist in a similar form in our language today. For instance beck, meaning stream or brook, is written "bekk" in norwegian. Crake, crow is kraka in old Norse and kraake (kråke) today.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I just love these gems from "Grandmaster Sven S. Svensson":

"If you knew what I could do to you with a frozen carrot, you'd be very afraid right now." :rofl:

"A lot of people say that biting doesn't work in combat. Well, ask them again after I've bitten their nuts off!" (For someone who rants off at how "gay" all other martial arts are, this sounds rather incongruous...)

The "Rape the rapist" program sounds pretty damned odd as well. Best rape prevention course in the world? Give me a break. That's the "Kill the rapist" program.
icon12.gif

That's it... i've had enough. I'm off to have a cup of fermented moose urine and a good lie down.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The "Rape the rapist" program sounds pretty damned odd as well. Best rape prevention course in the world? Give me a break. That's the "Kill the rapist" program.
icon12.gif

It seems to me that the rapist would want to be killed after someone in the Viking Fighting arts was done with him, especially one that has gone through the 'Rape the Rapist' program. It is much harsher punishment to allow him to live and then leave him to kill himself in disgrace or suffer a lifetime of nightmares.

To the pain! (Oh wait, that's the Dread Pirate Westl... errr... Robert's Fighting Art)

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"SS: That we don't run... And that we stand and fight. Viking Fighting is 70% attack, 25% counter-attack, and maybe 15% defense. My old father, Thor Svensson, used to say that "defense is what happens when you're about to die". This is very true! The BERZERKER™ mentality is to attack the attacker, kill the killer, mug the mugger, and rape the rapist – so to speak"

Oh yes, it's a joke.

Latest Discussions