vietnamese knife fighting

K

krys

Hi all,

I heard there is knife fighting art in Vietnam that looks like (filipino) arnis.... does somebody have infos on this? Could it be an art practiced by the northen minorities (nungs....), by the way is somebody familiar with the mas of their area?

Thanks.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
It may not even have a name. People everywhere fight with knives. Often it's just part of the culture.

bonviet

White Belt
Reaction score
The vietnamese do have some blade fighting arts that are really more indigineuos to their minorities and former enemies the cham, I live in a large cham populance center and visit the long houses because of my jungle survival and i like the people and they are close,
The vietnamese had bodyguards used to guard their religious cult leaders and Do "trinh sat", the cao dai had their own private army that eventually came to a head in the 50's and their are a few more but there is some good info on very Vietnamese weaponry systems I am way to tired to talk about this now but there is some of it here and not organized into real systems, and i found it intriguing, i'll get some solid info on it tommorow,ihave a viet book that goes into some h2h blade work trapping movement for concealment etc, it's in vietnamese but so are my two best herp books,and it's definently early last century, and they show knife stuff plus some other viet weaponry a friend who is die hard cao dai and he knows some vo viet(vietnamese warfare) i practice with him,
I promise my water buffaloe if i don't get back to you,i'm going to sleep take it easy
Bon

bonviet

White Belt
Reaction score
The vietnamese do have some blade fighting arts that are really more indigineuos to their minorities and former enemies the cham, I live in a large cham populance center and visit the long houses because of my jungle survival and i like the people and they are close,
The vietnamese had bodyguards used to guard their religious cult leaders and Do "trinh sat", the cao dai had their own private army that eventually came to a head in the 50's and their are a few more but there is some good info on very Vietnamese weaponry systems I am way to tired to talk about this now but there is some of it here and not organized into real systems, and i found it intriguing, i'll get some solid info on it tommorow,ihave a viet book that goes into some h2h blade work trapping movement for concealment etc, it's in vietnamese but so are my two best herp books,and it's definently early last century, and they show knife stuff plus some other viet weaponry a friend who is die hard cao dai and he knows some vo viet(vietnamese warfare) i practice with him,
I promise my water buffaloe if i don't get back to you,i'm going to sleep take it easy
Bon

brokenbonz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bon

I kinda hope he doesn't answer, always waneted a water buffalo :)

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is this book available:
519H0NSPZ0L._SL210_.jpg

http://astore.amazon.com/kunfubooonl-20/detail/0806527609/002-5917561-3828865

If anyoen can recommend any other books on Vietnamese styles I owuld be happy to offer them through my on-line book store www.kungfubooksonline.com

-David

Latest Discussions