Very First Belt Promotion!

krieger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, after studying Norhern Kjukenbo Tum Pai for five months, I am up for my white with black stripe belt! My school does testing every three months and I joined to late to go up earlier but this time it's for real.

The timing of the tests this ime is interesting because it's tomorrow and thursday. I also have finals today and tomorrow in school. Pefect timing, don't you think? I said test because we have to take a writen and physical test, which I thought was weird. I'm nervous about the written test because it's on the family tree and application break down and all the good stuff. Hopefully I will do well tomorrow!

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, after studying Norhern Kjukenbo Tum Pai for five months, I am up for my white with black stripe belt! My school does testing every three months and I joined to late to go up earlier but this time it's for real.

The timing of the tests this ime is interesting because it's tomorrow and thursday. I also have finals today and tomorrow in school. Pefect timing, don't you think? I said test because we have to take a writen and physical test, which I thought was weird. I'm nervous about the written test because it's on the family tree and application break down and all the good stuff. Hopefully I will do well tomorrow!

Good luck.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One more step along the path ... congrats! Keep going!

OP
krieger

krieger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I go and take the written test tonigh. I'm nervous, but I think I will do well.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck. As with your physical test the best thing for your written test is to remember to breathe.:wink2:

OP
krieger

krieger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I lived through the written test!

I think I did well on it. My instructror didn't give it back to me to change anything, so that's good.

Tomorrow is the physical test, which should be easy since I't my Black-white stripe belt. I'm going to guess that all I will have to do is the first two forms and a couple self defence moves.

Do you have self defence moves called Double Blades or Dropping the Dragon at your Kajukenbo schools?

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Do you have self defence moves called Double Blades or Dropping the Dragon at your Kajukenbo schools?

No, those techniques would probably be limited to the Tum Pai branch. In the "Original Method" the techniques have pretty simple labels. "Punch Counters 1-21", "Grab Arts 1-15", "Knife Counters 1-15", etc.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I think I did well on it. My instructror didn't give it back to me to change anything, so that's good.

Tomorrow is the physical test, which should be easy since I't my Black-white stripe belt. I'm going to guess that all I will have to do is the first two forms and a couple self defence moves.

Congrats on passing the first part!! Good luck to you on the second half! :)

Mike

OP
krieger

krieger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Argh...

My sinuses are plugged up...my face herts. Perfect timing sinus could, perfect.

OP
krieger

krieger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I got me a new fancy dancy belt!

I passed, but I was nervous when I went up in front of the board of judges. My legs were shaking really bad but my instructer said he couldn't tell when I asked him.

I may also do the Masters class, which is a half hour after normal class where we refine our forms and work on more advanced stuff and tournement fighting.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I passed, but I was nervous when I went up in front of the board of judges. My legs were shaking really bad but my instructer said he couldn't tell when I asked him.

I may also do the Masters class, which is a half hour after normal class where we refine our forms and work on more advanced stuff and tournement fighting.

Awesome!! Congrats!!

Mike

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score

CONGRATULATIONS! They get easier after this, because you kind of know what to expect.

The Masters class sounds helpful.

OP
krieger

krieger

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! :D

Hopefully I will be able to sign up for it. Now I don't go back to class until Monday.

Finally the weekend...and time to get rid of this stinken cold.

Latest Discussions