US Troops in Libya...Like we didn't see that coming

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, but the lie is just so blatant it makes me want to cry:

http://www.military.com/news/article/ham-us-may-consider-troops-in-libya.html?ESRC=topstories.RSS

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. may consider sending troops into Libya with a possible international ground force that could aid the rebels, the former U.S. commander of the military mission said Thursday, describing the current operation as a stalemate that is more likely to go on now that America has handed control to NATO.

What was it our President said via his usual news leaks? Oh yeah, I remember...

U.S. officials have said there are no plans to insert U.S. ground forces into Libya. U.S. military officials say it would be counterproductive to send Western ground forces, even in small numbers, into Benghazi because it would fuel perceptions that the U.S. and its allies were invading an Arab state.

Three ground wars in the Middle East. This is going to end well. NOT.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think we need to Impeach Obama and Biden and then roll back the Military Industrial Complex for good. The alternative is probably going to be a collapse of the dollar, our economy and our dollar. We have a chance to send a message to the government by holding the executive branch accountable and then voting out anyone who stood by and let these criminals violate the Constitution and expand the Empire. If we can't put the brakes on somehow, it's still going to end, but the end is going to be even messier.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think we need to Impeach Obama and Biden and then roll back the Military Industrial Complex for good. The alternative is probably going to be a collapse of the dollar, our economy and our dollar. We have a chance to send a message to the government by holding the executive branch accountable and then voting out anyone who stood by and let these criminals violate the Constitution and expand the Empire. If we can't put the brakes on somehow, it's still going to end, but the end is going to be even messier.
If that happens Hawaii is sure going to get crowded!
icon7.gif

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it is probably going to happen but it hasn't happened yet and we are entering an election period. There may only be so much Obama's left wing can take and committing ground forces in a 3rd world country may be the last straw. They will never vote for the republican but they may not vote for obama if he puts troops in. That may be the biggest determinent for wether or not the troops go in.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They all lie, but him, who the heck is he listening to. Somebody is walking him down the primrose path. Or, he is just DUMB.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, he aint dumb, my friend. But he might just be dumb enough to carry the can for the bill of goods he's been sold by his 'advisors' since he took office.

That would be a shame for with the Republican's back in it'll be even more Hawkish on the 'rag-heads' than it is now". Foreign policy is supposed to make your countries life easier, my American friends, not harder!

Wean yourselves off oil, make sure China or Russia aren't getting too dominant and you'll be doing okay. Of the three, the first is the most important and, if American engineers and scientists manage to do it you'll be sitting pretty with no need to pander or oppress in the Middle East.

Gravy!

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
how much longer till the history books regard the last several years, and the next several as a collective World War III?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, he aint dumb, my friend. But he might just be dumb enough to carry the can for the bill of goods he's been sold by his 'advisors' since he took office.

That would be a shame for with the Republican's back in it'll be even more Hawkish on the 'rag-heads' than it is now". Foreign policy is supposed to make your countries life easier, my American friends, not harder!

Wean yourselves off oil, make sure China or Russia aren't getting too dominant and you'll be doing okay. Of the three, the first is the most important and, if American engineers and scientists manage to do it you'll be sitting pretty with no need to pander or oppress in the Middle East.

Gravy!

As usual, you are on the sensible, the reasonable side...

And you think anybody would ever do something like that! :lfao:

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even though we disagree Sukerkin I like you and I like to read your posts on the study. The big however...I would ask that you not use the term "Rag Head." I mean you can if you want, I believe in free speech, but it is an offensive term towards other people, most of whom are not terrorists or evil or deserving of American military attention. Thanks.

Yours in friendship,

Bill

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, and the last time I looked, we were sending missles into Libya because Britain and the rest of Europe needs libyan oil. Your countrymen also released a terrorist to get oil rights.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even though we disagree Sukerkin I like you and I like to read your posts on the study. The big however...I would ask that you not use the term "Rag Head." I mean you can if you want, I believe in free speech, but it is an offensive term towards other people, most of whom are not terrorists or evil or deserving of American military attention. Thanks.

Yours in friendship,

Bill

yes, Sukerkin... not rag head...
cloth covered thug will be much better. As I am sure they are liberal....

:lfao:

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well, the only ones in a position to even think about impeachment are the republicans.
Somehow, I don't think they'll go ahead with rolling back the military industrial complex :)

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, and the last time I looked, we were sending missles into Libya because Britain and the rest of Europe needs libyan oil. Your countrymen also released a terrorist to get oil rights.

To be fair, this was a Scottish decision.
There are things the Scotts can do even though the UK disagrees. That was one of them.

Yours in friendship,

Bill

@suke: See what you've done here?
You've made me agree with Bill.
Jesus is killing kittens at a furious pace, hell is suddenly experiencing an unexpected cold spell, and pigs are reaching escape speed velocity.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would ask that you not use the term "Rag Head."

I completely agree, Billi :nods vigorously:.

I used the term deliberately to highlight a certain type of very aggressive 'antipathetical' {made-up-word :D} thinking that occassionally rears it's ugly head in political/military circles.

It's not a term I would use myself, any more than I would call an Irishman a 'paddy', a German 'a sausage-knosher', a Frenchman a 'cheese-eating surrender monkey' etc etc.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sukerkin, not to go too far off topic, but are there sites on the net where we could get a good look at British political topics. It would be interesting to see how various topics are discussed "across the pond," as it were.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting thought, Billi. I don't frequent political sites much - other than the BBC where the topics of the day can get discussed quite a bit :D - even here my contact with such things is just incidental as the political side of MT always seems to be floating at the top of the 'new posts' pool.

I shall have to have a look and see what I can find for you. There are the various parties fora of course but they are not really sites where debate occurs.

Latest Discussions