Unretired

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Due to circumstances which led me to believe it is necessary, I have come out of taekwondo retirement and accepted the position of head taekwondo instructor of the Sikeston Moo Sul Kwan effective Jan 3.

I guess I'll be viewing discussions of TKD here in a different light, now having a vested interest in the art.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Scott what made you take this position? I mean I am glad for you but if I understood right over the years you was tired of politics and TKD in general.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Due to circumstances which led me to believe it is necessary, I have come out of taekwondo retirement and accepted the position of head taekwondo instructor of the Sikeston Moo Sul Kwan effective Jan 3.

I guess I'll be viewing discussions of TKD here in a different light, now having a vested interest in the art.

Welcome back

OP
zDom

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Scott what made you take this position? I mean I am glad for you but if I understood right over the years you was tired of politics and TKD in general.

There are only two MSK hapkido schools under my instructor right now: the Cape Girardeau and Sikeston schools.

The Sikeston school is owned by the head hapkido instructor there.

The head taekwondo instructor has been forced into taking a break to rehabilitate a physical condition (worsened by a vehicle accident) that was not getting any better.

There were no MSK taekwondo instructors in the area both willing and able to fill the position. It is important to me that we keep that location operating and, without a taekwondo program, it would have closed.

I hope to remain unentangled in local TKD politics by asserting that I am still my hapkido instructor's student and that any directives can be forwarded to me via him.

National/international politics are not my concern: I will teach MSK taekwondo (which to me seems to be a very ITF'ish style of taekwondo which uses mostly WTF forms with a couple of ITF forms in the mix) as taught to me by my original TKD instructor, Master Steven Dunn.

It wasn't so much that I was tired of TKD so much as I have developed a preference for HKD.

For inspiration I need look no further than our school's founder, the late Lee H. Park who was a "hapkido man" who also taught taekwondo (and judo).

Thanks for the welcome back :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dedicated man :asian:

All the best to you! I hope it goes well for you and your new students. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are only two MSK hapkido schools under my instructor right now: the Cape Girardeau and Sikeston schools.

The Sikeston school is owned by the head hapkido instructor there.

The head taekwondo instructor has been forced into taking a break to rehabilitate a physical condition (worsened by a vehicle accident) that was not getting any better.

There were no MSK taekwondo instructors in the area both willing and able to fill the position. It is important to me that we keep that location operating and, without a taekwondo program, it would have closed.

I hope to remain unentangled in local TKD politics by asserting that I am still my hapkido instructor's student and that any directives can be forwarded to me via him.

National/international politics are not my concern: I will teach MSK taekwondo (which to me seems to be a very ITF'ish style of taekwondo which uses mostly WTF forms with a couple of ITF forms in the mix) as taught to me by my original TKD instructor, Master Steven Dunn.

It wasn't so much that I was tired of TKD so much as I have developed a preference for HKD.

For inspiration I need look no further than our school's founder, the late Lee H. Park who was a "hapkido man" who also taught taekwondo (and judo).

Thanks for the welcome back :)

ahhhh...

your first post sounded like somebody twisted your arms to get back into it!

Sounds like your local scene just got enriched!

Latest Discussions