University of Texas at Austin Hosts Taekwondo Fight-Offs Feb.22

TexasTaekwondo

White Belt
Reaction score
The University of Texas Sport TaeKwonDo Team will host the Southwest Conference TaeKwonDo Fight-offs on Sunday, February 22nd at the University of Texas RecSports Center. This competition will bring together collegiate competitors from all across the Southwest including: Texas A&M, Baylor, Rice, Tulane, and OU, as well as members from the AAU National Team. This competition will help prepare fighters for the upcoming National Collegiate Championships this year hosted at Brown University in Rhode Island.

A ranking system will be implemented into the competition for future Southwest Conference competitions. Certified WTF Officials will be running the matches. There will also be a certified medical trainer on board to provide assistance.
Admission is FREE for all spectators

Eligibility to Compete:

- Must be at least 17 years old to compete
- College participants must bring identification of enrollment in a university to the event*
- Complete online application before the deadline, February 18th

This event is sponsored by the UT Department of Recreational Sports

Please visit our website to apply online: http://utsporttkd.com/fight-off-application/

Thanks,
University of Texas Sport Taekwondo

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess I am alittle confused the AAU team is not doing any tournaments before leaving for The AAU National Adult and Junior Team will be going to the Dutch Open March 18 - 23, 2009. I was just with them two weeks ago when they was in Arlington training together for the upcoming event. I wish I was able to come and watch looks like a great event. By the way who is the person running this event, maybe I know them since I am in Texas as well.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the link will look it over later after classes.:asian:

OP
T

TexasTaekwondo

White Belt
Reaction score
To clarify, anybody who meets the eligibility requirements is able to compete. You don't have to be in college to compete and there is no admission fee for spectators.

Also for a change, the matches will be going on continuously with no delay. Please look for the itinerary soon at www.utsporttkd.com!

ninaJe.024

White Belt
Reaction score
I would have really loved to visit the Southwest Conference TaeKwonDo Fight-offs but unfortunately something else cropped up. Luckily I managed to visit the National Collegiate Championships hosted by the Brown University in Providence (RI). It was an amazing and exciting tournament. I always enjoy watching such tournaments. I am already looking forward to the next one.