Unarmed Fighting Techniques of The Samurai!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay if you go to www.amazon.com and type in Hatsumi you will come to the preorder pager for Sensei's latest book titled: Unarmed Fighting Techniques of The Samurai! This book has been touted as the finest work to date by Sensei and I am sure that it will not disapoint. Apparently it is supposed to have all the kata from the Ryu-ha within it.
So I pre-ordered mine today.

Here is a write up on Doug Wilson's Blog. He is one of the principle translators for the book.
http://henka.wordpress.com/2008/04/21/book-to-be-released-in-may/

and another earlier entry:
http://henka.wordpress.com/2008/01/25/book-of-secrets/

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay if you go to www.amazon.com and type in Hatsumi you will come to the preorder pager for Sensei's latest book titled: Unarmed Fighting Techniques of The Samurai! This book has been touted as the finest work to date by Sensei and I am sure that it will not disapoint. Apparently it is supposed to have all the kata from the Ryu-ha within it.
So I pre-ordered mine today.

Here is a write up on Doug Wilson's Blog. He is one of the principle translators for the book.
http://henka.wordpress.com/2008/04/21/book-to-be-released-in-may/

and another earlier entry:
http://henka.wordpress.com/2008/01/25/book-of-secrets/

even easier, just click here

Preorder Discount Page

llong

White Belt
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the book, and hope to get it soon!

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Are there other books by Hatsumi that cover aspects of ninpo beside taijutsu? Such as stealth and espionage techniques? It would be an interesting read.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you go to the link I posted above, then click on his name under the book title, it will list for you all of his books that you can get through Amazon. It' a long list.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine on Amazon about 2 weeks ago. ;)
icon14.gif

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same here! :)

I hope this book lives up to the hype and the kata are clearly laid out in sequence. Not that I want to learn from a book but as a reference tool that would be really, really cool!
icon6.gif
From all accounts this could be the case so that we will not need kata collectors in the Bujinkan. Cross your fingers!
icon10.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like something I'd like to have on my shelf as a reference even though I don't do the art!

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm going to have to go against the grain and say that I don't have any high expectations. Haven't really liked any book I've read about the Bujinkan since UGP.

nitflegal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is UGP really worth these crazy prices??
Understand? Good Play

It's a really useful book but I have to admit, unless I made a heck of a lot more than I do now, I wouldn't drop $250-$350 on it. Hmm, a good Bujinkan book or a few months of hands-on Bujinkan training with Savage-sensei, which would help my training more? :)

Matt

llong

White Belt
Reaction score
It's a great read in my opinion, and probably should be re-read frequently.

What a shame that it's so expensive. I guess that's based on it being out-of-print.