UMAC Krav Maga?

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone had any encounters with this particular school? I've run across it online recently. I saw one called UMAC (Universal Martial Arts Centers) in Chino Hills but I saw a McDojo red flag because it offered about four different martial arts as well as Krav under its roof. That put the wind up in me but I just wonder if I'm being overcautious here.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Can you link to the website of the school you are looking into?

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure if UMAC is the same as the ones I've heard of in NY, but the UMAC around here mainly did TKD, and there were some issues that occurred which a former UMAC member told me about. I won't recommend one way or another or say it's this or that, but you should look into it carefully and don't sign a contract right away. even if you take a month to watch classes or visit, that's one month invested to be sure you will go to the school you will gain what you want. If there's other schools nearby, you can compare the students and teacher from each school so you can find what is better for you.

Btw, even if it is considered a "mcdojo" if it's offering what you want and a price you can deal with, that's still a good starting point, unless they have a "dojo king" or "dojo in the box" which may have better value deals, lol.

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I ment "Which UMAC school are you looking at?". The quality of classes depends upon the instructor, not whether it's a "McDojo" or not. There are tons of "Premiere Martial-Arts Schools", some offer Krav Maga, we (the IKMA) have two very high-quality instructors who teach out of a "Premiere Martial-Arts Affiliate". Some of the groups that make schools get labeled as "McDojo's", are simple groups a school can affiliate with which just helps the school with advertising and website design, etc.
This UMAC group isn't training people in forms of Martial-Arts, they are just a networking/affiliate group to help schools survive. For instance, the instructor at this UMAC school could be training under Commando Krav Maga, Krav Maga World Wide, the Israeli Krav Maga Federation, the Israeli Krav Maga Association, Krav Maga Federation, etc. Regardless of whether or not it's a "McDojo", it's the quality, and credentials, of the guy/girl teaching that should matter, and until I see who this person, and what their background is, I cannot give advice one way or another.

OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I definitely want to train at a location near where I frequent. One question though if one is enrolled at a KMWW affiliate school can they train for free at other KMWW sites or at a discounted rate?

Latest Discussions