Ultimate Martial Arts?

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Have any of you, ever felt that you were, or were practicing the ultimate Martial Art? If you have, what changed your mind? (That's assuming you did change your mind
icon10.gif
)
I, myself, have never felt that way, but I did practice with a guy who did. Though what he was teaching me was effective, I found it difficult to work with him. That's a short story all to itself.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
An ultimate Martial Art is one that works well for everyone and in every situation. If there was such a thing then no one would feel the need to cross train in other types of fighting systems.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even if I'd ever practiced some "ultimate" amrtial art (which I haven't), I doubt my skills would do it justice and it would certainly be less than ultimate in my hands.

Luckily, I've enjoyed what I've practiced and I enjoy what I practice now. It's all good. :)

Peace,
Erik

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know that I have NEVER practiced the ultimate martial art. That is one of the reasons I keep going to different styles, I want to have a better picture of the martial arts. It would be insane to think that there would be any martial art that is the ultimate. If that were the case, the ones who train in it would be invincible. And we see all the time, that it is not the case.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once a person has found an art that he feels comfortable in, and he has trained a very long time in, and used it in battle successfully, to that person, that is the ultimate art.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Ultimate Martial Arts", those words make me think of XMA guys wearing rocket boots....

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back a long, long time ago I believed what my teachers told me. Whatever I was doing was the best thing out there. Any failings were mine, not the material.

A few more times around the block, and I realized that no martial art is good at everything. Everyone's got a specialty, and if you're good enough to make the other guy play your game you can take him. That said, there are some things that are just better than others overall.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kungate is the Ultimate Martial Art. Just ask Soke Bob.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think there is an ultimate martial art. No, however I do think there is a perfect one for you. I love Yudo, Hapkido, and Tae Kwon Do. However I love practicing with sword and staff as well.

Hapkido, Yudo, and Tae Kwon Do are good cousins where to me the hapkido I participate in is the ultimate hinge pin.

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My power level is over 9000? Does that count? ;)

It would be impossible for one single art to be the Ultimate, because there's far too many areas of combat for one art to cover. Any art that did try to cover all those areas, would only be able to do the barest minimum of them and not in any practical way.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ultimate Martial Art is like saying you are perfect in everyway, which can never be. So to answer your question no, but when I find it I will also be a Billionaire with thirty ladys on each arm.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
everyone knows the Ultimate Martial Art. It is the art of walking away, our other styles are there for back up

B

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am doing the best art FOR ME at this time period.

If there was some Ultimate martial art somehow I would figure out how to make it not ultimate.:lfao:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt in my mind, my art is the ultimate, because with doubt I have broken the first cardinal rule. “For in battle, to think is to die“. Now, I think I will go to work, well maybe, maybe not, ok I have made up my……. :wavey:yea, see ya later, I think.
icon7.gif

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Took the words right of my mouth guys. I've thought about that for a long time. What is the ultimate martial art, and I came to the conclusion, that it is the one or ones that work for me. Not my buddies, or my uncles, or my dad, or anybody else. The one or ones that work for me. The same with you guys. The one or ones that work for you, not me or anybody else. That's what makes it right for me, and for you. Why there are so many other styles out there.

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
martial arts is an ever changing experience. when i eventually realized that i actually knew something - it dawned on me that what i had learned was that i didn't know everything after all.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I can throw a fire ball and disappear in a cloud of smoke. That's pretty Ultimate. My Mom says I shouldn't brag about it though, because people get jealous of Ultimate stuff and will all want to learn my Ultimate Awesomeness. That's why I live in her basement. To keep away from the Ultimate-stealing fiends of the world.

Actually, I think that once someone's got something pegged as "Ultimate," it's just a sign of one's ignorance or refusal to think outside the box.

Latest Discussions