Ufc Reaches Deal With Hbo

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The UFC has reached a deal to air live events on HBO, according to statements made by UFC president Dana White on a pre-UFC 70 teleconference.

White said that the UFC will be putting on live events for HBO and that the first UFC event on HBO will air this summer. When asked by a reporter if the HBO deal is "signed, sealed, and delivered," White said, "Yes." When asked if the deal should be reported as official, White said, "Yeah. We will be on HBO this summer." White also spoke of struggling to sign the HBO deal in the past tense, as he said, "We would have never signed a deal if we weren't comfortable with it."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3796&zoneid=2

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wonderful news! Since this is the last season for the Sopranos on HBO, now I don't need to convince my wife why we still need a subscription. It's a great angle: "Look Honey, we don't have to spend $39.99 on UFC fights anymore. They are on HBO now."

I wonder if they will follow the example of HBO Boxing and air the Pay Per View events the following week.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dana is a very, very smart business man. He has maneuvered the UFC into position to be a juggernaut of a sport in the future.

Latest Discussions