UFC 194 Who Do You Have???

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay tonight is UFC 194 so who do you have winning Connor McGregor or Jose Aldo?

Myself, I think the fighter that has been busier will win so it is McGregor for me.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Aldo. Both are excellent strikers, so it could go either way. I like Aldo, though.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Aldo as well. I think he will lose based on not having fought in 14 months. However, Aldo is a great fighter!

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Aldo,

Mcgregors the better striker, but thats it.

Aldo won't stand and strike with him, he'll do what mendes(significantly better since he had a full camp) and out grapple him.

Even if connor started rolling, he isnt going to bridge the gap in skill in a year

Its a bout, so anything can happen, but im calling a sub in the second round

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Morning folks, I had to set an alarm for this one so I could get a couple of hours sleep beforehand.

This is a tough one, from watching McGregor's training videos I can see that he's been working on his own unorthodox fighting style even more to incorporate some capoeira. I think there is every chance he'll catch Aldo out at some point and from there, there is always a chance of getting the tko.

I think Aldo will win this one though, simply because for me he is the better all-rounder. I have no real preference going into the main event tonight, I just hope it does all the hype justice by being a good, entertaining fight

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was exceptional. I thought that Faber was going to knock him out for sure but the other guy Frankie Saenz hung on and fought hard the rest of the fight!

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maia has been beastly his last couple of fights. I feel he has finally put it all together and is ready for a championship fight.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Typically, after posting that it was practically all Maia for 2 rounds.

~141 strikes landed vs 5 really does tell the story of who was in the more dominant position for the entire fight.

I thought Nelson showed a lot of really good movement in the first, but I have little grappling experience

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought a draw would have been the fairest result. Over the course of the fight I think Jacare was the better fighter, but you'd have to score Romero big for that spinning backfist in the first - the fight could have been stopped after that

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a great fight. Rock hold is a tough dude.

Now here we go. This is the big one. I'm hoping Aldo takes it. Mcgregor is a loudmouth.

Latest Discussions