Two will die in Potter 7 **SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES INCLUDED**

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060626/en_nm/arts_potter_plot_dc

LONDON (Reuters) - Children's author
J.K. Rowling has revealed that at least two characters will die in the seventh and final installment of her bestselling
Harry Potter series, but was careful not to say who.

Children and adults are expected to rush and buy the final Harry Potter novel in their tens of millions when it is complete, and if the publication of the sixth book is anything to go by, secrecy surrounding the plot will be tight.

Rowling has already said that the final chapter of the seventh book was written long ago.

"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly," she said in an interview broadcast on Monday on Britain's Channel 4. "One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die."

When asked to be more specific, she added: "No, I'm not going to commit myself, because I don't want the hate mail or anything else."

So who will it be... Voldemort to be sure... or maybe Harry? Or maybe Both.

Maybe the Weasley Twins... sabotaged by a Death-Eater that planted overly powerful dung bombs.

Ron? Hermionie? Arthur? Neville? Snapes?
Might be Snapes... Harry was pretty pissed off at him the 6th book. He might get Ron to help bother bother bother bother bother bother Snapes to death.

Dunno, your guesses are good as mine.
Who do you think it might be. Remember... Nobody anticipated the death of Dumbledore... though I personally think Snapes and Dumbledore faked the whole thing to fool "you know who".

Gonna be fun... now if they can get the movies rolling along any faster.

Attachments

• $ROWLING.jpg
    $ROWLING.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 178

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just read that, too. I think at least ONE of the big three, Harry, Hermione, or Ron, will go. Just a prediction. Can't wait for the book to come out, although I enjoyed the last one less than the others.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060626/en_nm/arts_potter_plot_dc

So who will it be... Voldemort to be sure... or maybe Harry? Or maybe Both.

Maybe the Weasley Twins... sabotaged by a Death-Eater that planted overly powerful dung bombs.

Ron? Hermionie? Arthur? Neville? Snapes?
Might be Snapes... Harry was pretty pissed off at him the 6th book. He might get Ron to help bother bother bother bother bother bother Snapes to death.

Dunno, your guesses are good as mine.
Who do you think it might be. Remember... Nobody anticipated the death of Dumbledore... though I personally think Snapes and Dumbledore faked the whole thing to fool "you know who".

Gonna be fun... now if they can get the movies rolling along any faster.

Voldemort- yes.
Harry- a strong possibility, but not leaning either way...
Snapes- Another strong possibility, but I don't think Harry will do it. Like you, I think him and Dumbledore had a plan.
Even bigger possibilities: Weasley kids (not all of them will go). Maybe even Malfoy...
Hagrid: Slight possibility.

Red= My definites
Blue= Just strong possibles

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dumbledore had to go, otherwise everything remained "safe"

I imagine a lot more then 2 characters will die, probably means 2 "main" characters.

Will likely be a couple important people, make things look bad. Minister of Magic? Hermione? Some Weasley's?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree that Dumbledore is probably not dead - given the oaths that Snape is caught between, I think that faking Dumbledore's death was his way out, as well as "proving" to Voldemort that he was loyal.

As far as who is to die... Harry and Voldemort were tied together, and they cannot coexist - so I think it has to be one of them, at least... could be both at once, despite Voldemort's supposed severing of the ties between them. I guess we'll have to wait one more month to find out!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My guess is that Snape will die because he will sacrifice himself to save Harry and Voldemort will die...or will he....*que music...

and then perhaps an 8th book? ;)

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/web/hogwarts/dailyprophet/article.jsp?id=hp5_bellatrixlestrange#
Helena Bonham Carter to play Bellatrix Lestrange in HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX

Helena Bonham Carter has been cast in the role of Bellatrix Lestrange.

In the upcoming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix film, Bellatrix Lestrange is Sirius Black's cousin, and the Death Eater responsible for the torture of Neville Longbottom's parents. Her involvement in the battle at the Ministry of Magic results in tragedy.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in 2007.

Joining the stellar cast are Imelda Staunton (Nanny McPhee, Vera Drake) as Dolores Umbridge, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher; George Harris (The Interpreter, Black Hawk Down) as Kingsley Shacklebolt; Natalia Tena (Mrs. Henderson Presents, About a Boy) as Nymphadora Tonks; Kathryn Hunter (All or Nothing, Orlando) as Mrs. Figg; and 14 year-old newcomer Evanna Lynch, who beat over 15,000 hopefuls at an open casting call to win the role of Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw student who becomes an important ally of Harry, Ron and Hermione's.

Attachments

• $bonham_imdb.jpg
    $bonham_imdb.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 178
  • $tout_hp_orderofthephoenix.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 162

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It says two will die that she did not intend to die. There will likely be many deaths in HP7.

Personally, I have to wonder about Mr. or Mrs. Weasley - members of the Order of the Phoenix are all suspect as are the death eaters. No doubt Lucias will die - perhaps at the hands of Snape.

I, too, don't believe Dumbledore's really dead. Something about that potion he drank towards the end and the way things were kinda backward in that cave ... been promising to review that theory for Sam and haven't gotten around to re-reading that chapter.

Ahhhh ... theories ....

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
My fearless prediction is that Harry will sacrifice his life to destroy Voldemort. The prophesy stated that "One cannot live while the other survives", but there isn't a guarantee that both will survive.

On another note, I also liked Dumbledore, but the man is dead. I'm pretty sure that he intended Snape to kill him for "the greater good". Rowling already stated that those who died in the books aren't coming back to life. That also goes for Sirius.

I also hope that the OoTP movie isn't rushed like the GOF movie. The last movie was entertaining enough, but someone who didn't read the book might've been totally lost.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
My fearless prediction is that Harry will sacrifice his life to destroy Voldemort. The prophesy stated that "One cannot live while the other survives", but there isn't a guarantee that both will survive.

On another note, I also liked Dumbledore, but the man is dead. I'm pretty sure that he intended Snape to kill him for "the greater good". Rowling already stated that those who died in the books aren't coming back to life. That also goes for Sirius.

I also hope that the OoTP movie isn't rushed like the GOF movie. The last movie was entertaining enough, but someone who didn't read the book might've been totally lost.

I agree, makes me feel like they could've done extra scenes ala Peter Jackson's expansion of the films Lord Of The Rings, to accomidate and (try to) fill those gaping holes in the films.

No, anyone who died in the books won't be ressurected but then Sirus didn't really die did he? Same for Dumbledore... I have the same theory. Snapes being absolutely trusted by Dumbledore would've known about an antidote or even a well guarded potion that would defend against the Avada Kedavra curse. Or as Georgia theorized that the poison that he drank in the cave was a defense against it. That his death was a ruse to ensure Snapes' confidence with Voldemort. (wince) Also Dumbledore was famous for not telling Harry EVERYTHING that he needed to know... even though he realized that he should've in the OoTP. He did boast that he had a remarkable brain-power and might've wisely decided to keep with-holding vital information to protect Harry.

Great series of books it is. I'm glad a friend of mine talked me into reading The Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I suppose I'll have to break down and read through the series. After all, if the past is any indication, I should have a few years before the next WoT book... :rolleyes:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard on the Today Show this morning that it is probable that Harry will die. I think it may turn out he will be a stronger presence after his death if it turns out that way. I believe Dumbledore is probably dead, but like I think will happen if Harry dies, they will become stronger somehow after their death and still remain active characters in the books, kind of like Voldemort. Since the characters are getting older it can leave for the introduction of younger wizards to continue the battle and still have the original influence of Harry the whole time.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:

Punk! I've not read the latest book yet... just finished Order of the Pheonix a few nights ago. kind of ruined it for me... blah...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Punk! I've not read the latest book yet... just finished Order of the Pheonix a few nights ago. kind of ruined it for me... blah...

Maybe we should start putting spoiler warnings on threads like this!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasn't Snape forced to make a magical promise, that he could not get out of as it was inforced magically? Making the whole "faked it" thing impossible?

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I suppose I'll have to break down and read through the series. After all, if the past is any indication, I should have a few years before the next WoT book... :rolleyes:

I refused to read Harry Potter when the books first came out, because I thought they were "just for kids". But I picked up "Sorceror's Stone" while babysitting out of curiousity - and instantly got hooked. This was around the time the first movie was released in fall 2001. I promptly picked up the rest of the books, and read through all of them within a month. Despite the lengthiness of the books (OoTP topped off at 900+ pages), it is fairly easy reading, and the stories flow very well. Oh yeah, I read through OoTP within three days, and HBP within two - just to give you a frame of reference.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
Well...there is this "condensed" version of HBP floating around the Net: http://home.earthlink.net/~ladyirony/hbpcondensed.htm

It is a parody (sorta), though the writer managed to include all the important plot points.

I'll wait for the book. I got all the books up to Order of the Phoenix for free, so I'm waiting until I can get a deal on the next one. I wanted to read Order before the movie, so I can wait for the next one :) who knows, I might get it for free too! hehe

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
1. Dumbledore is a phoenix so he will rise from his ashes.
2. Harry and Voldemort have been inextricably linked from the begining so both will die.
3. At least one Weasley will die, probably not Ron.
4. I'm sure that there will be many more deaths. I suspect haggrid also dies.

Pure speculation on my part except for Dumbledore's return, the Phoenix metaphor has been worked on in too strong a manner for him to not rise again.

Jeff

Latest Discussions