Twc

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Time Warner Cable all I can say about these people today is most likely going to be censored by the filters.

One week ago I started haveing digital problem with the picture of the TV actually locking up at times. I called their tech support and was told it was a regional problem and would soon be cleared up. Well a week later Im still having that same problem ( mostly at night) I know there where at least 5 channels I could not watch including ESPN so I called them again last night.
What happened the tech tried to reboot my cable box and completely shut it down. 45 minutes later she still cannot get it back on. She also screwed up my motum
I turned the box in this morning and got a new one got home and plugged it in and guess what not one local channel. The channels I did get where not the same ones I had yesterday. Come to find out the boxes are shipped from some place in Maine and the channels are from that region. Which would not be so bad but instead of say ABC being on channel 4 I get some strange channel and this happens all across the range of channels nothing is where it was.
Ok I call again asking if this can be fixed and the tech says "sure" and trys to reboot the box. YEP you guessed it I once again have nothing but a blank screen for an hour. They did say they could have a tech out in 4 days to check on the problem and it will cost me $40 to have the tech come out. I said screw it and returned the box.
The girl at the local office is reluctant to give me a new box saying there must be a problem NO ****. I told her I wanted a new box and a tech ASAP. I said if I did not get one she could cancel my account and I would put an article in the local paper about the problem. I got the new bow.
IT still has Maine stations on it but I do get a Tech trouble shooter out here tomorrow between 8 am and 12 noon for free. So as I wait for the tech tomorrow I try to log onto the internet from my laptop which is across the room from my PC and low and behold I have not wireless connection and I can not get it back . Well I hope the person showing up tomorrow knows how to get it back (YES I am computer dumb)because I am really ticked off at them right now
OK RANT OVER

So I'll ask if any of you have TWC are people in your area experiencing the same problems with the service

OH forgot to mention the lady across the street took the cable box she had back 3 times in one day befor she got one that worked

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem that I lived with for about a week. Very frustrating and also at night sometimes during something I WANTED to watch. Returned the box "once" and bingo, solved. I lucked out I guess.

PS. I not a fan of TWC

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just curious. When the service is disrupted for a length of time, do your cable companies discount your bill? When I had cable, service would go down for awhile every so often and my bill was never compensated. But if I wanted to add something, I was charged extra.
In 6 years with Directv, I haven't had a service disruption yet, 'Knock on wood'. My only complaint is, there are alot of commercials.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious. When the service is disrupted for a length of time, do your cable companies discount your bill? When I had cable, service would go down for awhile every so often and my bill was never compensated. But if I wanted to add something, I was charged extra.
In 6 years with Directv, I haven't had a service disruption yet, 'Knock on wood'. My only complaint is, there are alot of commercials.

I don't know if it's federal or local, but I think if your cable goes down for 24 hours, you're supposed to receive a day's credit. That has to be a systemic down, like broken wires, not a bad box on your end. And it has to be 24 hour continuous stretch. If it pops back up for a couple minutes at 3 am when everyone is asleep... it counts.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will receive a whole $15 off my next bill. Don't know if they had to do that or nor but It was a nice gesture.

Got the local tech here today he fixed the problem in about 5 minutes also he reset my wireless in about 2 minutes. He said there was nothing wrong with the box just strange things happen every so often. My thought is the people I worked with over the phone where inexperienced and screwed up.
Any way all is well in this home now ( which means wife can watch NASCAR today and not ***** at me):rofl:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just one of the examples as to I have never had cable. Nothing good is ever on anyways. :)

Latest Discussions