Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tuhon Ray Dionaldo Seminar​
June 9th - 10th, 2007​
Greensboro, NC​

chillin.jpg

You are all invited to a seminar featuring Tuhon Ray Dionaldo, Founder of FCS-Kali.

Tuhon Ray has over twenty years of martial arts experience, founder of FCS-Kali, an international teacher of the martial arts, received the title of Tuhon from Grand Tuhon Christopher Sayoc of Sayoc-Kali. He is also a recent author and is now a much sought after motivational speaker.

The seminar will be held on June 9th - 10th, 2007 in Greensboro, NC at the YWCA of Greensboro.

The seminar prices are $75.00 for a one day attendance and $100.00 for both days.

Some of the topic areas may be:
- The Kerambit
- Blade/Edged weapons concepts
- Single/Double stick applications
- Sarong applications
- Mano-Mano

For more information, please contact:

Guro Harold Evans
mail_harold@yahoo.com
www.ncfcskali.com
336-392-6225 (cell)

Please also keep an eye on this thread. More details about the seminar will follow.

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Update:

Seminar times:

Saturday, June 9th, 2007 - 10 am - 4 pm

Sunday, June 10th, 2007 - 10 am - 4 pm

1 YWCA Place
Greensboro, NC 27401

Area Hotels:
Battleground Inn - (336) 272-4737
Park Lane Hotel - (336) 294-4565
MicroTel - (336) 547-7007
Drury Inns - (800) 378-7946 or local - (336) 856-9696

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please note the following:
  • Yearly FCS Memberships will be accepted at the seminar. Please use this time to renew your membership or to join for the first time. $55.00 USD
  • Private/Semi-Private lessons my be available with Tuhon Ray after the Saturday section. Privates will be first come, first serve. Contact me for more details.
  • FCS curriculum testing might be available.

For directions to the YWCA of Greensboro, NC, click here.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn wish my vacation was about that time I would have loved to attend

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Less than week to go!

So far there are confirmed participants from NC, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and even Illinois!

Many thanks to Jason Borean for making the flyer and posting the event on the Sayoc site.

Best regards,

Harold

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Picture attached.

Attachments

• $20070610_NCFCS_Cropped_Compressed.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 108

rompida

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Those of you who missed it really.... missed it! As always, Tuhon Ray is a very dynamic teacher and presenter. I don't want to steal Harold's thunder, so I'll let him give the details, but I'll give a little spoiler - lots of double stick work & espada y daga with some interesting twists!

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those of you who missed it really.... missed it! As always, Tuhon Ray is a very dynamic teacher and presenter. I don't want to steal Harold's thunder, so I'll let him give the details, but I'll give a little spoiler - lots of double stick work & espada y daga with some interesting twists!
Hi Brian,

Go ahead and give a review of the seminar. I am mainly going to share the news/annoucements from the event.

Thanks,

Harold

rompida

Orange Belt
Reaction score
O.K. then....

Day 1: We begin by warming up and being led through a little free-flow carenza by our host, Guro Harold. Everyone then wandered over to their gear bags and started stuffing their pockets with training blades. Then Tuhon Ray jumped right in with hubad applications using stick and double stick! The entire day we only worked 2 main concepts - hubad applications/guntings and crossada applications using espada y daga. I like his theme based teaching like this. I hate going to a seminar and having an instructor give you a million different techniques from a thousand different reference points to practice from. It leaves you remembering very little. With Ray's approach, its much easier to go back to your respective schools and repeat what was learned. As a former public school teacher, I was particularly impressed with Ray's teaching methods - I'm not even sure if he realizes he is doing it, but he incorporates multiple intelligence theory in to his instruction. For example, for those of musical intelligence, he describes the difference in techniques as it would look on sheet music. For those of us with mathematical intelligence (not me!) he describes techniques using planes and a matrix - BRILLIANT!

Day 2: Tuhon Ray went Tactical. Lots of applications using the expandable baton - but taught first as single stick application. Lots of arm wraps/locks, chokes using the baton, body positioning using the baton. Good stuff! After breaking for lunch, the rest of the afternoon was spent mainly on kerambit work.

A great seminar. Ray is a very approachable instructor and a walking encyclopedia of martial arts - any many things non-martial as well!

did I miss anything?

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great summary! Anyone who attended the seminar is welcome to add comments!

One thing that I will mention now is that one of prizes received for testing Level 5 were cigar welps. So the phrase "playing for cigars" became "testing for cigars":).

The Fighting Edge

White Belt
Reaction score
This was my first FCS event and I was not disappointed!

All I can say is that as impressive as Tuhon Dionaldo's personal skills are... his ability to teach others is what really impresses me. He made allot of effort to make sure that as a group we were all progressing at what ever level we were at.

He was especially adept at tying it all together with common concepts and principles that built on everything he had previously covered. An excellent example of the advanced nature of FMA in transcending technique with the scientific application of the principles of movement (IE. it was just plain simple and flowed nicely so that even if you flubbed a detail it usually still gave you some effective options :)

I look forward to advancing my training and having lots of fun with FCS!

Sincerely,

Jason Borean

PS: And everyone there was very welcoming and cool!

Latest Discussions