Training MA to kill people

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I was growing up in Montreal, there was a Kajukenbo school that had a large percentage of its students coming from the Satan's Choice ( later amalgamated into the Outlaws). I've known white supremacists, drug dealers and ex-cons training in the martial arts. If you think only people with the best of intentions want to learn how to hurt people, you may be in for a surprise.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The really bad news is that you're only a youtube video away from learning how to kill someone with a properly utilized choke. I've already started to see kids using the proper RNC on each other, where in the past, they were doing it wrong and it was pretty easy to counter.

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was growing up in Montreal, there was a Kajukenbo school that had a large percentage of its students coming from the Satan's Choice ( later amalgamated into the Outlaws). I've known white supremacists, drug dealers and ex-cons training in the martial arts. If you think only people with the best of intentions want to learn how to hurt people, you may be in for a surprise.
Was the school in the West Island or Downtown ?

OP
FriedRice

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The really bad news is that you're only a youtube video away from learning how to kill someone with a properly utilized choke. I've already started to see kids using the proper RNC on each other, where in the past, they were doing it wrong and it was pretty easy to counter.

Pretty scary. The good news being, we have an enormous kid's BJJ program that's like 25-40 kids per day in 2 classes....and over 20 years w/o any incidents. I was always worried as to what happens when they scuffle in school, after school, at home, etc... What if they show off --> real fights....will they let go of the choke...or even soon enough before permanent brain damage, let alone death? It seems that with proper instructions, our kids don't get into such troubles.

While here's an incident of what seems to be, an untrained kid (14) who watches WWE wrestling and accidentally kills his 24 year old uncle.

Man, 24, 'killed by his cousin, 14, from a chokehold they did while watching Wrestlemania' | Daily Mail Online

OP
FriedRice

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I was training with 1 dude, who was really a nice guy....really big, strong mofo...in his early 40's.
He wanted to get trained for a Toughman's Fight. But something was off about him when I sparred him.....he went into a highly aggressive mode in terms of being mouthy & posturing....which didn't help because it made me light him up even more because now I'm worried he may try to **** me up after all that...and he was also like at least 100 lbs heavier than me + musclebound. You can tell this guy fit the description of an ex-con by his demeanor.

He was fine, after the bell rung. But it made me run his name and it hit on a sex-offender website, and he's there as a class 4 offender, which wasn't as bad as rape or anything.....but he was like a teacher who had sex with a high school girl (so 14-18), which is still bad. Then there were armed robberies after that...prob. b/c he ruined his life and couldn't get a decent job after that, which lead to other crimes.

The owner of the gym didn't want him back after we found out about all of this. My question is....was this too rough? He wasn't training with our kids or anything. Didn't he pay for his crimes to society already? 10+ years in prison (collectively).

D

Deleted member 39746

Martial arts exist to be used to kill and maim other people, thats their entire purpose for existing. Its jsut after a peroid of peace, some people realsied it can be used for fitness and as a tool for spirtuality. :p

The owner of the gym didn't want him back after we found out about all of this. My question is....was this too rough? He wasn't training with our kids or anything. Didn't he pay for his crimes to society already? 10+ years in prison

I would say yes, as people need outlets for aggression. But im pretty sure its a crime for them to be around certain age groups pending what they were convicted for. But i mean if it was mainly mixed classes, it can cause legal complications thus removal would be a legal protection act. etc etc

I know in the U.K you can be barred from two age groups pending your crimes, that being children (which i think is under 16 and then 16-17 years old, or maybe 21) I think thats legislation im not sure, it might be teaching also.

Also, chokes/strangles are taught as lethal force in the force spectrum the police in the U.S still use/used to use, and i agree with the definition, you can maim someone by doing it wrong or kill them, thus its lethal force. That may be one reason i dislike grappling in that way.

To be fair, i would rather these people do it right, than do it wrong, it is after all their choice what they do with it, but if they are going to do it, might as well do it right. :p

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is a difference between:

1. Be able to do it but don't want to do it.
2. Not be able to do it but want to do it.

IMO, 1 > 2.

You have to be rich first before you can say that money is not important.