Training in Boston, MA?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a friend that just moved to Boston for a new job. He hasn't been able to find training that he enjoys yet. I figure I can see what people here can recommend.

His interests are FMAs, Silat, Muay Thai, MMA, and BJJ, but I figure he'll give anything a try and decide for himself. So if anyone can recommend schools in the Boston, MA area, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

D

dscott

lhommedieu said:
Re. the Martial Arts Research Institute: Wes Tasker and I will be there on June 4 to teach a Filipino martial arts seminar; there should be a good turn-out and a lot of Boston-based martial artists to query about training opportunities in the Boston area.

Best,

Steve Lamade
I was actually planning on going but I have a wedding to attend. I also think it might be a little to advanced for me right now.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just a follow-up:

I had the pleasure of teaching at the Martial Arts Research Institute (www.mari.cmasdirect.com) this weekend. It was great to meet Michael and May Williams for the first time. They were wonderful hosts – (thank you especially for the Sumatran coffee!)The school is attractive and Michael and May are skilled and talented martial artists. I think that anyone in the Boston area who is interested in Filipino, Indonesian, and Chinese martial arts would find M.A.R.I a great place to train.

Best,

Steve Lamade

D

dscott

I train with them on a rare occassion. I actually train with Michael brother. Do you have any photo's of the event?