Traffic stop in Hamilton, MT

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
To armchair. More as an after action lesson than a critique but..too square to the window and carring the flashlight in the gun hand.

I have seen some internet idiots saying "well, if I did what that cop did, I would have been arrested" implying that because he was driving away he wasn't a deadly threat. What they don't (or refuse) to realize is that we LEO's have, spelled out in most state law), the ability to utilize deadly force to apprehend a fleeing felon who had displayed that he was a deadly threat.

OP
K

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
carring the flashlight in the gun hand.

That's what I was thinking when I said error with initial approach. I thought that was a little too relaxed or careless. Of course, I'm just picking on a guy who ultimately did a fantastic job.

I have seen some internet idiots saying "well, if I did what that cop did, I would have been arrested" implying that because he was driving away he wasn't a deadly threat. What they don't (or refuse) to realize is that we LEO's have, spelled out in most state law), the ability to utilize deadly force to apprehend a fleeing felon who had displayed that he was a deadly threat.

I read some of those comments too, and I don't understand where that sentiment comes from. Is it just that some people resent cops and look for anything they can be negative about? Is it that they are so truly naive they can't see that if that guy was willing to shoot a cop in the face at point blank range, he will surely shoot any of the rest of us?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
To armchair. More as an after action lesson than a critique but..too square to the window and carring the flashlight in the gun hand.
That's the danger of doing this job long enough that we all have to guard against.

Don't bother putting too much effort in to dispelling the asinine statements of 16 year old kids typing from mommies basement.......what they know about anything can practically be squeezed on to the flat of a thumb tack.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read some of those comments too, and I don't understand where that sentiment comes from. Is it just that some people resent cops and look for anything they can be negative about? Is it that they are so truly naive they can't see that if that guy was willing to shoot a cop in the face at point blank range, he will surely shoot any of the rest of us?

If you could actually see the people behind the comments you'd simply say 'OH, okay, I get it. They're MORONS!'

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
And of course there are also plenty of people who we "deal with" on a regular basis who use computers too.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
And of course there are also plenty of people who we "deal with" on a regular basis who use computers too.

Bingo! It is those guys, and to a greater extent, their girlfriends and family members, who post those stupid comments on message boards.

Latest Discussions