Traditional moo yung doe????

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Traditional moo yung doe, or does anyone here practice Traditional moo yung doe?

I am just curious about what this is, I have never heard of this style, I am assuming it is Korean and it claims to give you 8 differnt martial arts in 1 and to be honest I don't know how that is possible.

Traditional moo yung doe
http://www.8martialarts.com/index.htm

8 Martial Arts
(Please forgive the spelling but this is exactly as it is spelled on the site)
Bagwa Chung
Tai Chi Chung
Goong Bu
Ai Ki Do / Hap Ki Do
Udo
Ship Pal Gye
Kom Do
Kong Su

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about Moo Yung Doe, but there is a school here in my city called Iron Octopus and it claims to be a system created out of eight different styles including Capoeira. Funny thing is, they were located just around the corner from our Capoeira school. They also teach Salsa Do, a sort of "cardiokickboxing" meets salsa dancing. You can imagine what we thought of that...

Sounds to me like something someone just made up. I guess I'm just a cynic when it comes to this kind of thing.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That is the feeling I have, but I am trying to keep an open mind.

I just can't get a handle on the combinations of Styles (internal/external - Chinese/Japanese/Korean) and of course the spelling used.

And sense I do not know any Korean it could be Korean translations of these styles. That is assuming I am right in my assumption that it is Korean

Bagwa Chung
Tai Chi Chung
Goong Bu - Kung fu
Ai Ki Do / Hap Ki Do
Udo - Jiu Jitsu
Ship Pal Gye - 18 weapons
Kong Su - Tae Kwon Doe

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
That is the feeling I have, but I am trying to keep an open mind.

I just can't get a handle on the combinations of Styles (internal/external - Chinese/Japanese/Korean) and of course the spelling used.

And sense I do not know any Korean it could be Korean translations of these styles. That is assuming I am right in my assumption that it is Korean

Bagwa Chung
Tai Chi Chung
Goong Bu - Kung fu
Ai Ki Do / Hap Ki Do
Udo - Jiu Jitsu
Ship Pal Gye - 18 weapons
Kong Su - Tae Kwon Doe

yeah, it just looks like some schmoe studied a bunch of stuff for about a year and a half each, then mixed it up and thinks he created something new, and that it will work.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I just took some time and perused the website. God, I just hate the "testimonials" crap that some people like to post. It just screams "Infomercial!!!!!"

Definitely looks like a Korean thing, based on the terminology and the Korean flags hanging on the walls in the photos.

They are proponents of the "tai chi is for exercise" line of thought.

They say hundreds of thousands have benefited from this. Funny, you and I at least have never heard of this.

My biased judgement: avoid it like the plague that it probably is.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have been trying desperately not to do this and keep an open mind, but if you’re right, I missed the boat on this.

I studied Jujitsu and Taekwondo for a few years I studied Baguazhang and Xingyiquan for about 1 ½ years each and Yang Tai Chi Chuan for many years, plus a little Chen and Wu…with a dash of Shaolin Long Fist and a pinch of Qin Na and Heck I could have stated my own style too….Xuefu has a nice ring to it I think.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I have been trying desperately not to do this and keep an open mind, but if you’re right, I missed the boat on this.

I studied Jujitsu and Taekwondo for a few years I studied Baguazhang and Xingyiquan for about 1 ½ years each and Yang Tai Chi Chuan for many years, plus a little Chen and Wu…with a dash of Shaolin Long Fist and a pinch of Qin Na and Heck I could have stated my own style too….Xuefu has a nice ring to it I think.

Do it!! I'll be your first disciple, and together we can rise like an evil tide and sweep away all who oppose us!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
ahh, who knows. Maybe there are some talented martial artists among them. It's possible, you know. It just comes off soooo cheesey.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
WHOA!!!

So it appears to be a fraud after all and a cult too. Thanks for the info, I came across the site on the internet by a complete accident and I was wondering what it was, since I had never heard of it. And since it was fairly near where I use to live many years ago I was intrigued.

So I am guessing due to the reality of this organization I should have posted on Horror stories.

Thanks Again.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
"In addition, the training has gotten rid of the carpel tunnel pain I had experienced in my wrist and elbows from the constant daily typing I do."

Wow, that is what one of the "testmonials" states! Just think, if it cures Carpel tunnel it just may cure other things as well; premature hair loss, and kidney stone removal would probably bring in a few more people for their great 2 year black belt course for $3500 - $5000. What I want to know is why is it a general figure that spans $1500, maybe depends on what you do for a living, flip burgers - 3500; construction worker - 4000; Stock Broker - 5000; Lawyer - "There is a nice Judo club down the road a bit."

Xue Sheng, why limit yourself? Xuefu on one side of town and Xuequan on the other. Hey, you got to do it right you know!! LOL :rolleyes:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But can you really put a price on "drinking from a bottomless well of health giving knowledge"?

And it cost money to keep that copyright up to date...oops..no never mind it expired in 2003.

There use to be a TDK school near me that guaranteed a black belt in a year for the lower price, but then again there was no bottomless well of health giving knowledge, so it is possible that the difference in price has to do with how much you actually drink form the well.

I am currently thinking Xuefu West and Xuequan East, if the 1st disciple and 2nd evil overload is still on board with this.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
i wonder if these guys know chief roman, of black belt magazine fame....

i'm no fan of all these 'new styles' you keep seeing crop up all over the place -- screams of ego and/or opportunism. on the other hand, don't we all practice '8 styles in 1', or however many? we train in our art and from time to time learn something from elsewhere and incorporate that into our training. in my kenpo school, we use many of the less acrobatic capoeira drills because they are a-number-one for teaching footwork, rythm and timing.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
i wonder if these guys know chief roman, of black belt magazine fame....

i'm no fan of all these 'new styles' you keep seeing crop up all over the place -- screams of ego and/or opportunism. on the other hand, don't we all practice '8 styles in 1', or however many? we train in our art and from time to time learn something from elsewhere and incorporate that into our training. in my kenpo school, we use many of the less acrobatic capoeira drills because they are a-number-one for teaching footwork, rythm and timing.

True, but you are also not guaranteeing a black belt in 2 years, being charged with Tax evasion and possibly running a cult.

It appears that this may be the case here.

If you take from different styles and include them in yours I see no problem with that, actually I see advantages. But someone who claims to master 8 and claims championship of a competition that does not exist I do have a problem with. This is what appears to be going on at moo yung doe.

Read the additional links they are very informative.

And you are correct I do not know chief roman.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
CULT!! We had a school open and close in town a few years ago.... It was a joke, there is posts about it all over the net.... Don't believe the hype!

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:

And you are correct I do not know chief roman.

page through any black belt magazine in the last few years. you'll find a quarter-page ad with a guy dressed like a movie-style american indian. program promises to make you a kenpo black belt for $1500 or something like that. if you buy the whole package up front, he'll include your signed black belt cert.

a lot of my kenpo friends refer to any mcdojo as a 'chief roman's'.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
fistlaw720 said:

So maybe it's not a cult but do they at least still have the bottomless well of health giving knowledge?

bushidomartialarts said:
page through any black belt magazine in the last few years. you'll find a quarter-page ad with a guy dressed like a movie-style american indian. program promises to make you a kenpo black belt for $1500 or something like that. if you buy the whole package up front, he'll include your signed black belt cert.

a lot of my kenpo friends refer to any mcdojo as a 'chief roman's'.

It was actually a Korean that came from a very good teacher that was doing this near me, and by the way still is. However he was never given permission by his teacher to open a school, or a chain of schools as it is now.