TOSHINDO in OTTAWA, CANADA???

makchick

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Guys
My boyfriend and I are about to make the move from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Ottawa, Ontario and he is worried that there will be no training facilities/groups for Toshindo for him in Ottawa....Does ANYONE out there know of any contacts? Looking online has so far not resulted in anything promising? Please email or respond if you have any information for me!
Thanks!
Jenn:)

cloud

White Belt
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything in Ottowa either, but if need be your boy friend can start your own training group, commute to other state for traning material and come back to practice with his own folks or with you :D

Just a thought,
Cloud

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Exactly. Start a group there. You can acquire the To-Shin Do curriculum manual that is used in Quest dojos and it should work fine. Obviously, you yourself need to continue your training with a qualified teacher.

OP
M

makchick

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, he's fairly new at it within the past 4 years and really loves his teacher here and is looking for someone out there....if anyone knows of anything, please reply!!!!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exactly. Start a group there. You can acquire the To-Shin Do curriculum manual that is used in Quest dojos and it should work fine. Obviously, you yourself need to continue your training with a qualified teacher.

Can you do that? Without instructors rank or credentials just start teaching your own Toshindo group?

Dont you have to buy into the franchise to open a school also? Or is that just for a commercial building?

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
No one said start teaching. Travel and train with a qualified instructor. Simply take what you are learning and continue to train with training partners at the group.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No one said start teaching. Travel and train with a qualified instructor. Simply take what you are learning and continue to train with training partners at the group.

Ah. I thought you were saying that he should start his own group, as in teach people. My mistake.

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I understand. No. Not teach. Just take what he is learning from his teacher and start a group simply to toss everyone around with what he's learning.

Fallen Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can you do that? Without instructors rank or credentials just start teaching your own Toshindo group?

Dont you have to buy into the franchise to open a school also? Or is that just for a commercial building?
Actually you don't have to have anything to start a group... just a group of people that like pain!!!

buyu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
you could join an online teaching program and obviously attend the closest dojo you could to get the techniques your learning verified and straightened out you know tell you if your doing it rite and you could use mates to test things on but if your only new to the area then you probably dont want to go beatin up your new mates you can shadow box bit borin but repitition is good any way best of luck with the move and hope things work out im sure yhey will

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, he's fairly new at it within the past 4 years and really loves his teacher here and is looking for someone out there....if anyone knows of anything, please reply!!!!

There is a Bujinkan Dojo with an Instructor who travels from there..

http://www.bujinkandojo.ca/instructors.php

Not Toshindo but another option otherwise, plus Toshindo do homestudy, not a great option as a replacement for an Instructor, but better than nowt

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Pimblett Sensei is a great teacher as well. Well worth finding him.
It sounds as if the Ottawa area is covered pretty well.

I am 90 mins up the road in Pembroke if you are located in the Ottawa Valley.
Again not Toshindo though.

Latest Discussions