Top Sports Attorney Ed williams -Breaking News!

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nominating and Governance Chair Bernard Robinson has filed an administrative grievance against CEO David Askinas, USA Taekwondo and Director of Communication Bill Kellick. Crafting this complaint for him was his attorney Ed Williams, the #1 Sports Attorney in the United States. Mr. Williams has bested the CEO on more than one occasion. He is well known for his knowledge of sport and his pitbull tendencies.
This was a difficult thing for Mr. Robinson to do. Mr. Robinson is not a name that is usually used in the same breath with controversy. In general, he is the peace maker. It was a difficult thing to do, but it was the right thing to do. Major Kudos to Mr. Robinson. For those who want to read the final complaint, I will have it posted soon.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WHAT IF.....

All the TOP REFS signed up to REF but on the day of refused to Ref at the US Open coming up????

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
WHAT IF.....

All the TOP REFS signed up to REF but on the day of refused to Ref at the US Open coming up????

I don't think that would be good for the referees' credibility. If you give your word, your word should be enough.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
WHAT IF.....

It would hurt the athletes and damage the reputation of the USA for years to come. It would be an issue for years to come. It would be a problem for the new administration to come. Even after this group is gone. A bad Idea!!!!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WHAT IF.....

Well considering all the refs would be IR's they would not dare do that in fear of loosing that status.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So Actually, the REFS have no power. They cannot NOT sign up to prevent losing their status, and they cannot walk out or "no-show" cause they have integrity....

So basically, they have NO power and have to shut up and color?

I guess my Point is, that no one really has any power to do much of anything against USAT except file grievances, that may or may not be looked into.

Its a shame.

There's gotta be a way to make an impact.

OP
H

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
So Actually, the REFS have no power. They cannot NOT sign up to prevent losing their status, and they cannot walk out or "no-show" cause they have integrity....

So basically, they have NO power and have to shut up and color?

I guess my Point is, that no one really has any power to do much of anything against USAT except file grievances, that may or may not be looked into.

Its a shame.

There's gotta be a way to make an impact.

The hope is that this will move forward to AAA, it will be out of the hands of USAT!
Davie might want to think about searching the "help wanted" ads!

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

Referees have tremendous power; but certain things override that, including but not limited to showing up and officiating when you said you would. Referees wish to protest and boycott, they can do so by not putting their name in for consideration.

OP
H

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
Of all the complaints filed thus far, this is the first one to imply that the USAT has not met, and is not meeting, the requirements necessary to be recognized as the NGB. This was done purposeful in my opinion, I assume to save time when it actually ends up in AAA. If you take the time to read it, it's actually quit brilliant! I don't see how it is possible for the Judicial Committee to handle this amount of complaints.
Dave is not going to be able to sit them aside, ignore, or refuse any of these complaints like he has in the past.