Too Driven

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Recently I've started on a situp routine, adding between 15 - 50 every day. I started with 100, and up till today, it was working great. During the summer, at least this one, where I have nothing to do, I get up between 8:00 and 9:30 and within a half an hour or so I start doing my situps at a reasonable rate. Today, however, I woke up late. As soon as I looked at the clock and realized what time it was, I jumped out of bed and rushed over to do my situps. I started doing them in a rush, and within seconds, realized my too mistakes. 1: Starting before I had fully woken up. I mean, the sleep was still in my eyes when I started. 2: Rushing. I learned long, long time ago to pick a steady, medium rate, and stick to it the whole way through. If you start out rushing, you'll get exhausted quickly, have to change your rate, and that throws you off completely. However, I proved to myself today that sometimes it can be mind over matter, though I don't totally buy that concept. Even though I was tiring by 50, I didn't change my pace, and kept going until I had reached yesterdays amount, plus the new ones for today. And just to make things better, today was when my town decided to flush the fire hydrants, or something, so when I went to get a drink of water, exhausted, it was dirty. Lucky me.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I admire your "Go Get 'Em" attitude.....but yeah.....be careful. You don't want to be *too* "gung ho" and then set yourself back with injury. Happy exercising!! :)