To all you americans!

breeno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Try having a look at Australian Rules Football or the AFL, and Cricket!

Much better than Grid Iron and Baseball.

Seriously, youtube some AFL, it's the skill of soccer, with the physicality of Grid Iron in one. Maybe even try youtubing the 10 biggest AFL bumps. We dont wear pads!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here in America we have this thing called Hand/Eye coordination. Kids who don't have that play soccer. :)

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to play cricket as a child, but that was when I lived in India and Jamaica. I enjoy the game, but I don't get comparing one game to another like you are.

DBZ

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Cricket!? you got to know what a crumpit is to play cricket! - Raphael TMNT

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like oranges more than I like apples.

But I don't hate. That's for cricket players and the googlies, sitting around playing with their wickets...

Baseball, to me, is a very social sport, spectator-wise. In St. Louis, people get together and reconnect at a ball game. Our sense of community is partially based around the sport.

Why insult a community? See where I'm going with this?

I suggest growing up.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hear you man, there's no better or best sport, it's the community aspect of it. As a kid I played cricket and soccer because where I lived that's what all the other kids played and I wanted to play. When I moved permanently to the US in middle school and high school my friends and I played football every Friday, rain or shine all year, even in a blizzard. Even now those bonds developed in those years have not faded, they are still all my best bros and we still laugh and joke about when whoever got his shoulder broken, or knee broken, or lost a tooth when he slipped on the ice or when the cops ordered us to go home because we were playing in a blizzard.

I know many people who feel the same way about baseball, cricket, tennis, etc the way I feel about football.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Why the soccer bashing?

Of course soccer takes skill and coordination and it can be a very physical game within the rules and without penalty.
All in fun. My impression was that this was not intended to be a serious thread, and I treated it as such. Why on Earth would I actually have anything against soccer?

I honestly didn't take the OP as a serious comment on American football or baseball. Instead, it seemed to me to be a friendly jibe and I attemped to respond in kind.

So, if anyone lacking hand/eye coordination was offended, I sincerely apologize. :D

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Soccer..what other sport can you watch for hours for a final score of 1-0??? :)