TNA throws in towel, concedes Monday Night.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Went from a strong start to a lot of missed opportunities, even crappier booking, and waaaay too much Hogan.

SpikeTV issued the following press release: “ReAction” Joins “TNA Wrestling Night” On Thursday, June 24 At 8:00pm

New York, NY – Spike TV will launch the re-branded “TNA Thursdays,” featuring the “TNA iMPACT!” on Thursday, May 13 (9:00-11:00pm ET/PT).

“The fans have spoken and with their input we have determined the best timeslot to maximize the TNA audience is on Thursday nights where we are confident it will be among the most-watched shows with young men,” said Brian J. Diamond, senior vice president, sports and specials.

Regarding the move to the Thursday time slot, TNA President Dixie Carter added: “Our fans made it clear that they preferred the Thursday night time period. By moving to Thursdays,” this is a win/win opportunity for both TNA and the fans. We are looking forward to delivering what the fans are asking for!"

On Thursday, June 24, Spike TV will expand “TNA Thursdays” to three hours with the addition of “ReACTION.”

“ReACTION” is a one-hour docu-series that will focus on the stories and characters of TNA Wrestling and preview the upcoming action-packed episode of “TNA iMPACT!” in a new format. The new show will kick off “TNA Thursdays” at 8:00 pm ET/PT (beginning June 24), and serve as the lead-in to “iMPACT!”.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's going to be tough for anyone to compete with Vince MacMahon's empire for Monday nights. Nobody's really given them any competition ever since the better days of WCW.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the idea was to try to be WCW again, and that boat's long gone. The fan base is different today than what it was back then, and alot of the scripting so far has been to try and out wwf wwe. Same pacing, same talk talk talk talk talk intermixed with a few minutes of matches here and there. I think the big mistakes were too many old timers no one cared about, too much talk, and too little in ring action.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That, and what on earth are they thinking with a lot of the storylines? Abyss being given Hogan's Hall Of Fame ring? What is that but a spit in the face of fans of wrestling in general, WWE and Hogan in particular? Oh, and there may be a slight mis-judgement of the audience with Orlando Jordans current direction.... I mean, all power to the guy, very happy for him to be who he is, but I don't know that that is the right way to put it across to the fanbase....

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You mean the stereotypical flaming gay, squirting himself with lotion ala a cumshot, etc? I'd expect that from Vince, not TNA.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah, Vince would go the two girl thing, not the boy-boy scene. Anyone remember Eric Bischoff and his wars with little Steph over his HLA "concept"?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno, I mean Vince always liked the big muscle guys over the less chiseled ones, and he was big on the whole incest angle thing.

Latest Discussions