這就是中國, This is China says Xu Xiaodong

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The fake fight also happened in Taiwan. When I took my US SC team to compete in Taiwan back in 1984. During the 1st tournament in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, I also got on the mat and compete myself. When I attacked, I could sense my opponent's defense was strong. Suddenly, I felt my opponent's defense was gone. I could enter and threw him down almost effortless. I then realized that the Taiwan SC team wanted me to win (because I was the team leader of the US SC team). After I had won that match, I no longer competed myself. I don't like fake match even if my opponent wants to let me win. To me, it's a personal insult.

This clip states a lot of interested view points. Do you agree, or disagree?

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So I've only listened to the first 10 minutes so far and I'm liking what I'm hearing. This guy clearly has a great deal of respect for traditional Martial Arts, particularly when he says that the fight proved that the person he fought had no fighting skills at all, rather than just saying Taijiquan was useless. As noted by others on this forum, the majority of Taiji practitioners have no actual fighting skills, but that doesn't mean that the Art has no fighting application. Very good interview indeed.

Latest Discussions