Things to do in Hong Kong

dan_chi_sau

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you're all well.
I'm all booked up to go to Hong Kong for a couple of months later in the year to further my studies in wing chun. Seeing as I'll have a bit of free time I was looking to dig a bit deeper into the wing chun history side of Hong Kong.
Are there any places in particular I should pay a visit? I'm going to be in the place where it more or less got born and I don't want to miss the opportunity to absorb it all. Is there a museum with artefacts somewhere?
I'd like to visit the grave of Ip Man and Wong Shun Leung (and Bruce Lee) and pay my respects for what they did for the sport.
Any tips would be much appreciated as I'm really not so familiar with Hong Kong!
Cheers.
Dan

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm all booked up to go to Hong Kong for a couple of months later in the year to further my studies in wing chun. Seeing as I'll have a bit of free time I was looking to dig a bit deeper into the wing chun history side of Hong Kong.
Are there any places in particular I should pay a visit? I'm going to be in the place where it more or less got born and I don't want to miss the opportunity to absorb it all. Is there a museum with artefacts somewhere?
I'd like to visit the grave of Ip Man and Wong Shun Leung (and Bruce Lee) and pay my respects for what they did for the sport.
Any tips would be much appreciated as I'm really not so familiar with Hong Kong!
Cheers.
Dan
I don't know but just so you know bruce lee is buried in Seattle not Hong Kong

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Demonstrate against the Chinese government? Give you a good chance to practise your SD or running skills........................ :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Cheers.
Dan

I beleive the Wing Chun Museum, dedicated to Yip Man, is in Foshan in Guangdong Province.

There is a film you should take a look at my "Empty Mind Films" about Wing Chun that shows a few places in Hong Kong to Train Wing Chun that may be more friendly to a person showing up to train.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Ving Tsun Athletic Assoc HQ is very open and welcoming to visitors. But I'm sure that must be at the top of your list! The Bruce Lee museum is worth seeing as well.

hkreporting

White Belt
Reaction score
In addition to the already mentioned VTAA, Bruce Lee Museum, Yip Man grave in Fanling, and Yip Man museum in Foshan, every Sunday morning in Kowloon Park there are kung fu demonstrations of all kinds, sometimes including WC. If you go to Foshan (highly recommended), you could also visit Gulao Village, home of Leung Jan. There are still a number of schools there teaching that style. Assume you've got a teacher and school in HK, but it's also worth visiting other schools. Sometimes, if you approach the Sifu, they might let you observe or chisao. Always good to see other schools and touch hands with different styles. I think there are also two WC competitions coming up in October (Foshan) and November (HK). Good luck!

Reactions: KPM

Latest Discussions