The tablesaw is dead, long live the tablesaw

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
not sure how many woodworkers we have on this site, but I'm getting the bestest Chrsitams present...EVAR.

While putting together a jewelry stand/display for my wife, my Ryobi BT3100 saw died. This made me very sad. I looked on Craigslst and came across a guy selling his woodshop due to a back injury (and not being able to enjoy the hobby anymore).

He sold me his Delta Unisaw for $700, in pristine condition with all sort of accessories (mobile base, 36"outfeed extension table, tenoning jig, etc.) ....$700!! New, this would be a $3000 saw....I'm so happy right now. Can't wait to make some sawdust with this thing :D

Peace,
Erik

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Though a complete hack I too enjoy this long lost art! I have my fathers' Dewalt Radial arm saw that dates back to the late 50's early 60's that I keep even though I have several other tools that work better...I just can't part with it. My father used it all of my very young life to manufacture most of the house I grew up in from molding to cabinets to door frames, etc....it was a router, rip saw, jig saw....Everything he did was with one tool.....How spoiled I've become by having a special tool for each facit of the process.....

Enjoy your new found tools!!!!!!!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO FAIR!!

My tablesaw (a basic Craftsman semi-portable unit) is gathering dust because I haven't had time of late... and my "shop" is the backyard. Which is currently still under a bit of snow... not conducive to woodwork! And the wife won't let me use the living room anymore...

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Personally, I failed wood shop in high school. *pout*

But I love a good bargain, and that sounds like one hell of a score. Congratulations!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sweet deal! I've bought a few tools over the years, but don't really have a good place to do the woodworking. Maybe someday I'll have a garage/workshop. Until then it's pull the tools out of the shed as I need them. Have fun and careful with those fingers!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`m so jealous I could spit. I had to sell most of my tools when I moved overseas, there`s just no place here to work on anything.

Great deal though.

*sigh*